I'm All In.

"The baby is looking healthy. Everyone seems to be in check. Have you decided if you want to know the gender yet?" The doctor asked, smiling up me as she spoke before taking her gloves off and handing me a paper towel to wipe the gel off my stomach.

"I think we're gonna wait, right?" I spoke, turning my head to the right to look at Fabian who was standing next me, staring at the x-ray with a small, content smile.

"Y-Yeah. Sorry, I never imagined our kid would look so cute in an x-ray." Fabian breathed a laugh.

"They'll be even cuter once they're born." I smiled at the bump and caressed it briefly before putting my plain blue t-shirt back down and sitting up in the chair.

"Here are the ultrasound." The doctor handed me the strip of images of our child.

"Here." I handed them to Fabian after looking at them for a moment.

"Don't you want them?" Fabian frowned, holding the pictures in his hands and staring down at me.

"No, I have some from five months and another from six months. You can have that one." I smirked at him.

"Okay." He nodded.

He then held out his hand for me to take, as any physical activity was hard by myself. I took his hand with a smile and he let go before turning around to the door and grabbing my coat and holding it out for me to put on.

After leaving the doctors office we headed through the hallways and made our way onto the streets and waited for the car Fabian called.

"So, what do you think the gender is?" I asked Fabian, as we stood near the curb of the road.

"I honestly don't know. I'd be happy with either." Fabian grinned in response.

"Thought you didn't want to be apart of our child's life?" I recalled, staring at my brown ankle boots as I spoke.

"Nina, I know I said all that stuff but actually seeing our child grow and develop has changed things for me." Fabian responded.

"So, you're saying-"

"Oh my god! You're Nina Martin! And you're Fabian Rutter! I think I'm gonna have a panic attack!" I heard from behind me.

I quickly turned around and saw two teenage girls standing a few feet away from me and Fabian. They were grinning from ear to ear and one girl had a shocked look on her face.

"Hey." I smiled down at the pair.

"Sorry, we didn't mean to interrupt. It's just that you're Nina Martin!" The girl spoke again, her grin getting bigger.

"It's okay. We're just waiting for our car. Do you want a picture?" Fabian then spoke, coming closer to me and placing his hand on my lower back for support.

"Yes please!" Both girls spoke.

"Okay." Fabian laughed before moving forward and taking one of the girls phones before standing next to her and snapping a selfie with her then doing the same with the next girl before I did and we hugged before they left.

"So, you were saying?" Fabian spoke.

"Our cars here." I fiddled with my fingers and turned to look at our car.

"Oh." Fabian's voice was full of devastation.

___Time Laps___

"-And if you're a boy I'll teach you how to tie a tie and if you're interested in sport I'll learn to play and help you play." Fabian spoke to my bump.

He was spending the night at mine to "bond" more with our unborn child.

He was currently smoothing his thumb over the left side of my stomach as I sat on my couch, him to my left and t-shirt up, occasionally looking at Fabian as he spoke to his child.

"And then when you grow up and become interested in dating I'll show you how to be respectful and a gentleman." He continued.

"Fabian, you're getting ahead of yourself now." I giggled at the brunette.

He looked up from his leaning position to get a better look and feel of my bump and grinned up at me. I rolled my eyes playfully and he continued to speak to our child for a few more minutes.

"Are they not responding anymore?" I teased at his sigh as he moved to sit up on the couch.

"Think they've had enough of me for one day." Fabian laughed, leaning forward and taking a sip of his orange juice before leaning back into the couch.

I laughed in response and we sat in silence for a moment before he spoke again:

"Remember our last holiday?"

"You mean the one where I got pregnant and we broke up? Meh, maybe." I shrugged playfully.

"I enjoyed that vacation." He ignored my remark and smiled contently at me.

"I did too." I nodded along, brushing my hand through my hair.

"Nina, I know I've been extremely shitty towards you since you fell pregnant and I know it's hard to forgive me for everyone I've done but I think- no, I want to be apart of your life, apart of our babies life." He spoke again, grabbing my hand and smoothing his thumb over my knuckle.

"Fabian, I've been thinking about this too. I-I don't really know if I'm ready for that- to be with you again. I mean, of course I love you and I want this to be some fairytale story with a happy ending but...you hurt me, Fabian. You let go when I needed you to hold on the most....I just don't know if I'm fully ready for that commitment." I responded, taking my hand back from his soft grip.

"Okay, I know- I understand. I hate myself everyday for hurting you, Nina. I couldn't sleep for the first few months we broke up because I felt so guilty and I know I betrayed your trust too and I know it's gonna take time, but as I said before: I'm all in." Fabian flashed a weak smile.

"I'm all in." He spoke again with a confirming nod.