XX

Dallas began to drive down the street after I got in passengers.

My eyes scanned over the car I was in, wandering over it's interior. My eyebrows furrowed as I realized something, "Hey..didn't I-"

"Looks familiar huh big ears?" Dallas asks with a smirk. His eyes were on the road as he steered the wheel with one hand.

I stared at his side profile.

His somehow perfectly upturned nose and straight chin also somehow gave him a feminine look.

"Then..this is-"

"Yup. This is the same car we used to ditch Quinn's party. My cousin's friends'."

He looks at me with that last part.

My hand went up to my forehead, "Oh lord not again.."

He giggled, "Last time I checked you wanted more that time? You said it was the rush of your life."

"Yeah well I said it in the moment okay?" I roll my eyes and look out the passengers side window.

"Mmhm. Keep telling yourself that, big ears.." He mumbles with a smile.

I ignore it and continue to look out the window.

I hear him take a breath, "Anyways um..yeah we should discuss our plan. Y'know, Alison and Avery?"

I slowly turn my head and look at him. "About that.." I half-mumble. Dallas took a quick glance at me before returning his attention to the road,
"What, you chicken out?" 

 "No no it's not that. It's just um..y'know a complication." I reassure him, speaking rather calmly.

 Dallas had a suspicious expression but he listened on anyway, "Okayy? Proceed.." His tone was skeptical as he nodded very slowly.

 "Well, there's this girl in my art class named Julia and-"

 "Wait, why're we talking about another girl?" Dallas cringed.

 "No it's because she likes Avery! And I was like, y'know wondering if I can get those two together instead.." I look down at my lap.

 "No! The plan was, you get Avery with Alison so it can be a 50/50 deal. Why do you suddenly change your mind over some random chick?" Dallas continued to cringe.

 "I didn't change my mind, and she's not just some random chick, okay?" I frown.

 My hands messed with each other on my lap as the car vibrated with the engine under me. The radio was low but not too much to where it wasn't heard. The sun was shining in front of, us more on my side but we both caught it's glow on our skin and clothes.

 My hair still bounced with every bump and hick in the road that Dallas carelessly ran over.

 "Wow, big ears. You are way too sentimental." He blinks.

 "What's so wrong with that?" I furrow my eyebrows with a little pout.

 He chuckles, "Nothing, big ears. Just..never change okay?" He jokes. 

 Now I was the one suspicious, "What that supposed to mean.." I mumble under my breath whereas he can't hear.

 "Anyways. As I was saying, we need to discuss our plan for Avery and Alison. Last time we talked I mentioned a carnival.." He explains.

 "Are you talking about the carnival they're opening for Thanksgiving? Like, around Charles Street?" I ask, looking at him.

 He nods, "Mhm. After Thanksgiving i'm thinking about going on a 'double date'. I'll pick you up in my car and that's where we'll use our strategies."
He lifted up two fingers and bent them up and down at the double date part.