|| CHAPTER 1 ||

ADDISON

I was standing in front of two giants doors, having an internal debate about whether or not to enter the hospital. In one hand, i wanted to put end to this problem, go back to New York and live my "happy" life with my "amazing" husband... But in the other hand, i was terrified of what i was going to find once inside the building.

My head was a total mess until i saw him... His perfect black hair, his perfect smile, and his perfect blue eyes, always so perfect. I keep admiring his beauty, thinking of all of the great memories we have together, and how i regret sleeping with his best friend, but i'm interrupted by a blond woman who came out of nowhere.

I stood completely frozen and only one thought cross my mind.

"He has a mistress".

With that all my fears are gone and the feeling of pure anger takes power over me. I walk through the door until i meet the shiny happy couple. I saw both smiles were erased from their faces at the same time my husband whispers something to the woman.

"Meredith, i'm so sorry" he said, turning towards me "Addie, what are you doing here?"

"Richard called me" i tell him "for a case... and for you"

"Derek, what is happening?" this "Meredith" was so annoying, i spend five minutes with her and i already hate her. Pretending that she didn't know Derek was married.

"Please God, give me a break" i thought "there is no way that she didn't know"

"Addie, go back to New York, i don't need you here... I don't want you here" his words where like knifes cutting my skin.

"What is going on?" the blond one asked again.

"Let me introduce myself" i look her in the eyes, they were a combination of green and grey "Addison Shepherd" we shook our hands.

"Shepherd?" she really wasn't getting it.

"And you most be the women who has been screwing my husband" she let my hand go, i didn't realized were still together.

She look at Derek and said "I can't believe you!" and with that she left.

Derek tried to go after her but she didn't let him, she was pissed.

"Very good actress of yours, i almost bought that she really didn't know you are married"

"She didn't know" Derek said with anger.

"You didn't tell her?" I said with shock.

"No, why would i? You hurt me Addison, i wanted to start a new life here. Now i have to fix what you have broke, first my life, now hers"

"Oh c'mon she's like twelve, its not the end of the world, plus, why don't you focus in our relationship?" he looked at me, right in the eyes, and he just left, living me there alone.

MEREDITH

It was a really long day, it have been started really good, and when i say "really" i mean really good, but now i'm laying on my bed with tears running down my face, and the pillow i was crying on is completely wet.

"I can't believe him" i thought "it was too good to be true"

Izzie and George, my roommates, were standing behind the door, talking to me, asking me what the hell was going on, but how do i tell them that my dreamy boyfriend is actually married.

In the morning i was the happiest person in the world, but now i just feel... Miserable.

When i first saw her, i just admired how beautiful was the woman standing in front of me. Those blue eyes and red hair were stunning, but all of that went to hell when she said "Addison Shepherd".

At the beginning i thought it was one of Derek's many sisters but when she continued talking, asking me if i was the woman sleeping with her husband my jaw almost falls off my body. I yell at Derek and storm out of there, i seriously couldn't believe him.

When i got to my car i let out the tears i was holding. I screamed, cried and kicked like a baby, people walking around may thought i was crazy, but i didn't care in off, i was heart broken. I drove home and ran to my room, closing the door behind me and locking it at the same time, i was not going to answer any questions, not now at least, i just wanted to cry, all night if i needed.

(...)

The next day I woke up with a huge headache, so I went to the bathroom for some aspirin, I take two pills and then i gave myself a look in the mirror, I didn't recognize the woman standing there. I had my cheeks and eyes red and swollen, the make up I put the night before was spread all over my face, and my hair could be confused with a nest of rats. A lot of thoughts crossed my mind.

"When did I let him do this to me?"

"When did I become so vulnerable for some guy?"

"When I'm gonna feel complete again?"

Too much question and no answer to be seen.