Chapter 12: Lost

Dewey woke up on the cold underground cave floor, along with others. Once he remembered what just happened, he immediately said, "Guys, where's Uncle Scrooge!?" The panic is actually starting to get to Dewey.

The other kids started to share Dewey's panic. "Oh gosh, I hope Uncle Scrooge is okay!" Webby said as she repeatedly took deep breaths. Louie is downright crying while Huey is trying to comfort him.

Then Dewey looked around inside the underground cave that they're now in. The passageway ahead of them is the only way through. "Guys, I think we should go through there. Maybe we could find Uncle Scrooge and get out of here this way!" He suggested. "Sounds like a good idea... We all need to use the flashlight app on our phones though so we can easily navigate this dark cave." Huey explained.

Louie and Webby smiled as hope began to enter the kids' hearts. So they did what Huey said and they walked through the cave passageway, with the phone flashlights being a bright guide throughout the trek.

Once they reached the intersection, they got puzzled. Where the heck are they supposed to go? There are seemingly no hints for the correct path.

Huey looked at the three cave passageways. Then he said, "Let's split up, gang!" Louie looked scared at this suggestion. "How about no? What if this is some sort of horror movie situation, huh?" He theorized.

"Ok, say no more. We'll just take one path as a group and no matter what happens, we'll face this together!" Huey said, taking his youngest brother's feelings into consideration. Dewey and Webby nodded in agreed, which helped calm Louie down.

Then they walked down the middles passageway. So far, things went smooth until...

BAM!

They end up bumping into someone...or something. They don't know for sure because they dropped their phones and now they're in total darkness, trying to search their phones. Not only that, the impact elicited a growl out of the thing they bumped into, freezing the kids in fear.

"What...was...that?" Webby said in a hushed tone. "I have no idea, but I don't like the sound of this..." Dewey replies with that same tone. "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" Louie screamed while Huey just gulped nervously.

The silhouette got closer to them as the kids keep on backing away. Then they got backed against the wall as the silhouette stopped directly in front of them. All of a sudden, a tense atmosphere became apparent to the kids.

The figure got closer and closer...until they said, "Curse me kilts, it's just me, kids!"

That's when the pre-teen group figured it out and they ran to hug Scrooge. "Oh my gosh, it's so nice to see you again, Uncle Scrooge!" Webby said with tears of joy.

"Same to you, kids! Anyways, I have found a way out of this! Follow me!" Scrooge replied as he immediately dashed off.

The kids immediately get a message as they ran after Scrooge. Shortly after, they saw a bright light through one of the cave tunnels and they followed the path.

Sooner or later, they will finally find a way out of the dark tunnels...