Little White Lies

I slowly sat up in bed and winched at the pain in my stomach. I the remembered what had happened. I got up and walked over to my mirror I lifted up my shirt to see the bruise. I frowned when I saw that I had a massive swelling black and purple bruise about the size of a watermelon. I knew I was too sore to go to school today. I walked down the hall into the kitchen and stated breakfast and making Ben's lunch for work. When I was done making the eggs, toast, and Ben' sandwich, I grabbed a piece of paper. I wrote down a note and put it on the fridge. I stopped when I saw Cathy had beet me to it. Her note read "Called A. in sick today. -C" I crumpled up my note and threw it in the trash. I reached in the freezer and grabbed a pack of frozen peas. I placed it on my bruise and sighed. My head shot up when I heard the cabinet closed shut. I looked up to see Ben. I froze when I saw him reading the note. 

          "You too sick to go or something?" he asked me. 

          "No sir. I’ just sore…" I said in a small voice. 

          "Then why you skippen'? You finally get laid?" He asked. I sneered at his crude comment. 

          "No." I said as I lifted up my shirt to show him the bruise. He nodded and went over to look at the sandwich.  

          "So whatcha do to get the shiner." He asked me. 

          "Nothing... as usual” I said the last part under my breath. He lifted up the sandwich and took a bite out of it. His face twisted and he ran to the sink and spit it out. 

          "What the hell is in that?" He fumed. 

          "Turkey, Swiss, tomato, lettuce, and mustard... you have it every day." I said with a shaky voice. He grabbed my wrist in a death grip and dragged me to the tabled. 

          "You think I would like this?" He said before he shoved the sandwich into my face. The plate fell from the table and shattered on the floor, and the pieces of the sandwich fell to the floor. 

          "Clean this up." He said before left the room. I sighed and slowly picked up the glass pieces and put them in the trash. I then went into my room and sat down at my desk chair. I rolled up my sleeve to look at my wrist. I can't wait to leave this place.

    Jericho-

                        I shifted uncomfortably in my seat with my eyes glued on the door. It was now second period and she still wasn't here.What if she's hurt? my wolf whinned. She's fine. I told him. However in the back off my mind I wondered the same thing. Was she okay? Yesterday she looked almost scared. My stomach twisted at the thought of my mate being hurt. I pulled out my phone and texted to the number Ash had given me. Where are you? I texted her. Seconds later my phone buzzed. How did you get my number? she asked me. I texted back I have my ways. She then texted back,I'm sick now stop texting me. I frowned at this last message. I exhaled and put the phone back in my pocket. I leaned back in my chair and tried to look like I was paying attention. 

           "Mr. Levi, could you please answer this question?" I remembered that I was in English class. 

           "Oh umm.... could you repeat the question?" I asked Mr. Black. He sighed at me.