Continuation Part VII

*eighth day*

“Ernst, today we are going out.”

“Whatever for, princess?”

Eins nearly sighs with exasperation. “If you have noticed, countess, my tobacco stores are running low.”

Ernst purses his lips, serious for once. “Eins, you know I don’t like it when you smoke…”

Eins looks away to his window. “I do not care much for what you think about I smoking.” Actually, Ernst’s opinion means a lot to Eins, and he’d stop smoking immediately if Ernst wanted him to, and he’d definitely stop if his siblings asked him to, because he doesn’t want them copying him. Not like he’d admit that out loud.

“Eins…”

“Yes, Ernst?”

“What will I have to do to get you to stop smoking? It’s bad for you, you know.” Of course he knows that tobacco is bad for his health, but to Eins, it doesn’t really matter. Eins will stop if Ernst wants him to.

“Would you care for me to stop?”

Ernst goes over to Eins’s chair and places his cheek next to Eins’s. Eins starts to purposefully twirl a strand of Ernst’s hair around his finger. “Of course, princess.”

“Well, countess, I suppose I will stop, then.”

Ernst huffs, his breath warm against Eins’s cheek. “So I could have asked, and you would have stopped?”

“Yes.”

“Keeping secrets from me, are we now, princess?”

“It was never a secret, countess.”

“Hmph.” Ernst loses his seriousness and pouts childishly, laying his arms on Eins’s shoulders. “My princess, favouring his secrets over me.”

“My countess, favouring his hats over me.”

“My princess, using sarcasm?”

“Your efforts are for naught, countess.” Eins smiles a small smile, invisible from Ernst’s position.

“Efforts?”

“Ernst, don’t talk like you don’t know what I mean. Your efforts to sway me and seduce me shall not work.”

“I never meant anything of the sort, princess.” Now Ernst has pulled back, still pouting, and his breath reaches Eins’s ear.

Eins can’t say he dislikes the sensation.

“Well, I do suppose that means we won’t be going out, then.” Eins drops the subject, going back to the one prior. “However, I do have plans to discuss for tomorrow.”

“Hmm? What sort of plans?” Ernst places his head on top of Eins’s, curious about the new plans.

Eins definitely won’t admit he misses the sensation of Ernst’s breath against his ear.

“We are going to visit Adele at the palace. She wants to have a ‘tea party’, she says. I shall assume that she’s also invited the princes and their tutor as well.”

“And when is this tea party?”

“The usual teatime, Ernst.” Eins shakes his head. “Have you never been denser?”

Ernst pouts again. “I am not dense.”

“Really?” Eins’s tone of voice is dry as he finally lets go of Ernst’s hair from his finger. “I find it hard to believe such lies.”

“But I’m not lying, Eins~”

“I doubt such is so.”

“Princess, do you doubt me?”

“Countess, doubt is part of your existence.”

“Well then, Eins, I would like you to prove it.” With that Ernst removes his head from on top of Eins’s, and he pulls Ein’s head to face his. He fiercely takes Ein’s lips with his own.

To Eins, the feeling of kissing Ernst is hot, unabashedly hot and reveling and godlike enough to make his cheeks red and to make him lose his breath. Like if to combine happiness and love and pleasure into one, and for that one to be what Eins was feeling. Sometimes it’s mixed with surprise, or annoyance, or haste, but Eins doesn’t mind - after all, he is the only one who feels all these sensations from Ernst, and Ernst is the only one who can make Eins feel these sensations.

Eins can feel Ernst smirk against the kiss, making slightly annoyed. He frowns as Ernst pulls away for breath.

“Have I proved enough to you?”

“Oh, my princess has never proved enough.” Ernst’s smirk grows even wider. Eins is starting to get annoyed with it.

He wants to wipe it off of Ernst’s face.

Eins pulls Ernst close by his collar and engages the kiss this time. His eyes close, and he can feel Ernst’s long eyelashes flutter, and his fingers tangle with Ernst’s white hair. He keeps one hand free to throw Ernst’s hat in the general direction of his bed, despite the - adorable, which he’d never admit - squeak he makes. Eins keeps Ernst close and doesn’t let him go, however.

They can stay like that for quite a while, Eins learns.

Word Count: 753