Chapter 6

"He comes into my bedroom and lays with me. He says it's God's will. I'm only fifteen, and I'm not the only one. Please, help me! "

Daniella made a face as she read the case file, Reid grabbing a file before leaning forward towards the two other agents.

"Tell us about the 9-1-1 call," he said, opening the file once again.

The other agent kept driving, Prentiss putting her window up as dirt started to fly into the air and into the window.

"I believe the 'he' that they referred to is the church's leader, Benjamin Cyrus," she said.

"Hm," Daniella muttered, looking at his case file before turning the page to see nothing. "Benjamin Cryus, no criminal record."

Reid closed the file in her hand and she looked up at him as he looked forward. "There is no record at all. What else do you know about him? "

Prentiss looked out into the mid-desert of Colorado and kept quiet as she listened intently, processing every bit of information.

"It's rumored that he's practicing polygamy and forced marriages."

Prentiss nodded. "Any idea who the caller is?"

The agent shook her head slightly. "Uh, Jessica Evanson is the one who fits the age description, but we can't be sure, so I negotiated interviews with all the children. It wasn't easy.

"Well, considering their view of outsiders," Daniella sighed. "It would be best if you didn't identify us as the FBI."

Prentiss gave her gun to Reid, and he gave her an ID. Daniella was hesitant about giving her gun, but she did anyway, and Reid gave her a small smile and handed her an ID.

"Just use our real names and introduce us as child victim interview experts," Prentiss said.

The other agent nodded, and she drove to the church. Reid looked at the guy who opened the gate for them, and Daniella looked at the lady passing by with a child.

"Typical church ranch," she muttered.

She drove up to the front of the church and cut the engine. There was a guy sitting on the steps of the church, and they got out of the car. Reid looked around and stood next to Daniella.

"I'm looking for Benjamin Cyrus," the agent called out.

Daniella looked around; Reid was looking at her weirdly.

"I don't even know her name," Daniella whispered to Reid.

They walked towards the guy and he didn't bother looking up. His body language was tense and uneasy. He already didn't trust them, and that made Daniella nervous.

"You found him," he says.

She introduces herself as Nancy Lunde.

Reid turned to Daniella, and they both grinned widely at each other.

"We spoke on the phone regarding the allegation," she said, holding her case bag.

He sat up a bit and stood up, taking off his glasses. His demeanor was off, but everyone remained composed.

"Savages they call us, because our manners differ from theirs," he says, taking a step toward them.

Prentiss looked at him, her gaze falling on the children that were running around.

"We didn't come here to hear you cite scripture, Mr. Cyrus," Nancy said.

"Actually," Reid interrupted. "It's Benjamin Franklin."