It's Go Time

(When you realize you haven't updated in like 6 months)

RECAP: I was close to giving up before but now that I have found a new purpose I'm not going to give up even if it means I die.

Rin's POV

If looks could kill, I would of been 6 feet under by now. All of them had snarls or a look of disgust on their faces. Their eyes burned with malice and they had their hands ready to reach for their weapons. It was if they were trying to intimidate me as if I was going to be like 'Hey, looks like you found me. Now what position do you want my head to be in as you cut it off?' As if. That didn't faze me, in fact it fueled my rage instead. I wasn't going to let them dictate my life like I did in the past. I wasn't going to let them trample over me as if I was the dirt they walked on. No, this is my life that I'm going to live. This is my story that I'm writing. I control what I do and I'd be dammed if I let someone else do it for me.

"Enjoy your last breath." Arthur taunted me as he charged forward with sword in hand.

The sword came close to me but I dodged to the left. I used this opportunity to distance myself. I could see that the exorcists thought that I was being a coward. I was simply waiting for the right time to strike. I saw Anaimon in the corner of my eye with a smirk and a look of understanding. I could tell he knew what I was doing. Arthur turned and raced towards me. A wide grin took over my face.

Predictable.

Work smarter not harder. Arthur seemed to have failed to realize that he was exerting so much energy trying to get a hit on me that after a few minutes he was left panting for breath.

It's go time.

I grabbed Kurikara (definitely spelt it wrong but I don't feel like searching it up) and set my flames free. The warmth engulfed me and I felt safe. Safe, embracing who I was. Where I belonged. My purpose.

I took my sword and plunged it into Arthur's chest cavity.

"You will always be filth. " He drawed out.

"And that's where your wrong my friend. "

My heightened hearing could hear his sluggish heartbeat go silent as I slowly removed my sword from him. His body fell to the ground where he lied there.

Lifeless and cold.

The other exorcists froze in fear. Their lips trembled, sweat rolled down their forehead, and their eyes bulged out of their sockets. Their faces read shock and disbelief. I scoffed. Serves them right.