24 | destin

We went to the dining hall for dinner. I haven't seen The de Blois Royal Family ever since their arrival, which is really bad of me considering I'm the High Queen.

I sat down in my chair next to Peter. He usually sits at the end of the table. I looked at Peter and said hi, but he didn't respond as usual. Lucy waved at me and I waved back.

The Royal Family then came and we greeted them. We started to feast and some of them talked.

I felt really weird at this moment as if something really bad will happen. I looked at Edmund only to see him eating peacefully. I looked around for some reason.

My heart began to sink so deep and it hurts.

Something bad is going to happen right now...

"May I have your attention please," Peter began to talk and everyone stopped what they were doing to listen to Peter.

"I have an announcement."

I saw a smirk at Isabelle's face. That kind of evil smirk and I didn't like it.

"Princess Isabelle of Thelovia and I will be getting married,"

Everyone gasped. Dukes, Duchesses, Leaders, and Commanders all had shocked look on their faces. Edmund looked at me to see how I am. My face had a cold expression written on it.

My brain wasn't processing what was happening at that moment. Susan and Lucy was confused and bewildered. The de Blois Family's maids and servants applaud.

Peter looked so happy. I didn't even have the time to cry even though I wanted to.

"Marry? Peter your marrying?" Susan said sounded so confused.

"Yes. We will be married in 5 days," Peter confirmed.

"B-but if Princess Isabelle and you were to marry, she will become one of Narnia's Queens?" Lucy stated but with a question like tone.

Peter smirked, "Yes. She will become Narnia's Queen...Narnia's High Queen."

The table became silent.

My face went expressionless. My brain can't comprehend what was happening. It's still processing. I felt numb.

Edmund stood up from his seat, "High Queen? W-whatever do you mean? We already have our own High Queen-you can't just replace Erin!-"

"I'm the High King and I declare Princess Isabelle of Thelovia to be the new High Queen of Narnia. And I declare Erin to be banished from Narnia forever," Peter said.

Everyone at the room gasped. All of the generals and commanders were exchanging whispers. All of them were arguing.

Edmund looked pissed. Lucy and Susan still looked confused. The de Blois family looked very happy.

My mind just went blank. I couldn't think straight. But then I came back.

"You can't just replace Erin as the High Queen! Aslan should be the one who decides this for He is the One who has enthroned us in Cair Paravel!" Edmund stated and everyone nodded and agreed.

"Silence!"

Peter yelled and everyone became silent.