PART 6

"We've got somewhere to be," Five grabbed her hand before she could reply, and teleported them into Vanya's apartment.

"Whose- Vanya," Hazel concluded before finishing the question, judging from the pictures on the table. Five sat himself down the chair, so Hazel did the same and made herself one.

"She'll be here any second now," he said and adjusted his tie. The door opened, and so did the light and revealed Vanya who jumped out of her skin.

"Jesus!," she exclaimed

"You should have locks on your windows,"

"I live on the second floor,"

"Rapists can climb," Five answered

"Highly unlikely," Hazel retorted

"Don't get smart with me,"

"You guys are so weird," she sat down the couch and stared at the two "is that blood?,"

"It's nothing," Five answered for the pair of them

"Why are you here?,"

"I've decided you're the only one I can trust," he adjusted into his seat

"Why me?,"

"Because you're ordinary," Five said bluntly, making Hazel hit him "because you'll listen,"

Vanya got up from the couch and went to her medicine cabinet. She took some supplies and started to clean Five's wound.

"When I jumped forwards and got stuck in the future, I saw something," Five stared "do you know what I found? Nothing, absolutely nothing. As far as I could tell, I was the only one alive. I never figured out what killed the human race, but I did find something else: the date it happens,"

Vanya looked up and stopped tending to Five, completely shocked by his revelation.

"The world ends in eight days, and I have no idea how to stop it,"

"I'll put on a pot of coffee," she croaked out

"I survived on scraps, cockroaches, canned food, anything I could find, we adapted"

"We?,"

"You've got anything stronger?," he asked, and Vanya gave him a glass of whiskey. "You think I'm crazy," he looked at the two.

"No, no," Hazel furiously shook her head

"It's just a lot to take in," Vanya added

"Exactly what don't you understand?," he asked impatiently

"Why didn't you just time travel back?," Vanya asked, and Hazel prepared herself for a sarcastic answer

"Gee, wish I'd thought of that!," he mocked with a whistle "time travel is a crapshoot. You think I didn't try everything to get back to my family?,"

"If you grew old there, then how come you still look like a kid?,"

"Well, I think it's because he remains constant through whatever time. So Five travels through time, but not his body because it flows with time," Hazel answered for him, to spare Vanya from an unforgiving answer

"Exactly, thank you," Five pointed to her "I must've gotten an equation wrong,"

"I mean, dad always used to say that time could mess up your mind. Maybe that's what happened?,"

"Vanya, dad also told me I didn't have powers, and he also implied that I never existed, are you really gonna trust him?," Hazel asked "I mean, are you even really ordinary?,"

"This was a mistake. You're too young, too naive to understand! Hazel, come on," He said and started to walk towards the door.

"No, five, wait," she cried "I haven't seen you in a long time and I don't wanna lose you again," she confessed and five stopped walking.

"I haven't seen you at all, and I don't wanna live without you, too," She said to Hazel "it's getting late. I have lessons early, I need to sleep, and I'm sure both of you need to, too,"

She set up the couch and realized there was only room for one, but before she could make a solution, two beds appeared beside her.

"Or that," she hummed "I'm gonna go and sleep,"

"Night," Hazel smiled at her, and she returned it. The two got on the beds and turned off the lights.
The two laid down in complete silence, until five opened his mouth. Before he could speak, a blanket appeared in front of him.

"Thanks,"

"No problem," she answered and stared at the ceiling "Five, are you okay?,"

"Hm, I thought you'd understand," he pulled his lips down on disappointment "you just think I'm crazy-,"

"No, I believe you, which is why I'm asking," she corrected "I mean, that was the apocalypse. Are you okay?,"

"I'm just thankful I get another shot at this," he sighed "and you're not quite in tip top condition, either,"

"Not even close," she let out a laugh "but hey, that's how it is, isn't it?,"

"Guess so," he formed a small smile on his lips.

"Well, goodnight,"

"Night," he disclosed and turned to his side with a smile on his face.