Chapter 16

He kept his promise and stayed away from me. That night I saw another side of him. "Angel you make me feel so jealous. I don't know what to do with that Jealousy. It is so unnerving. I know you are mine but that is not because you accepted it, but it is because you have to accept it. And that is something irking me too much from some days." He said.

"I don't know sir why you feel this much jealous, sir, You have nothing to be afraid about. I know that I have to be loyal, and I will be loyal in our relationship sir" He looked at me sharply.

"Loyalty is a crazy trait you know it is trust best at time of adversity and for us our relationship will forever be in that state. I cannot love you, and you cannot forever wait for me to change. I know that you never wanted to be stuck in a loveless marriage. And now you have to be in one. That can lead to many, many disloyal things"

I chuckled "You seem to have extensive knowledge about this thing, but you forgot about one thing and that is honesty." I said and he looked at me. The light was illuminating his features. I have to say for a man of twenty eight he is quite handsome.

"Honesty? How many people have you found to be honest in this world. They are all opportunist. They want an opportunity." He poked the fire with a stick.

I shivered as a gust of cold wind passed through the cabin. It wasn't gone unnoticed. He scooted closer to me and covered us with a blanket. "Comfortable?" He asked. "Yes, thank you Mr. Westbrook" I said.

"Angel you are my wife now, that means everything I own belong to you equally and you can ask for anything from me." He said. I nodded.

"My father called me, he wanted to meet me. I mean us" I said softy remembering the call that came in today in college. My father just reminded me of the rituals needed to be fulfilled. "And?" He asked. "If you had time then..." I paused looking at him.

"If you are telling me that I have to be there then I am sorry but I have a meeting to attained" He said. My face fell and I nodded. I put a smile on my face like always "ok, I will go alone, one of us should work" He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"You are letting me go and not throwing any tantrums? Just like that?" I threw a paper in the fire it was something I found in my dairy today. An old photograph I am not like that. Not anymore. "No, I understand everyone have some priority sir." I kept my voice neutral placing the emotionless mask over my face. A mask I mastered to keep myself from getting hurt which I do a lot.

"I guess, you really are a blessing angel. You do understand me. And you don't complicate my life. I just needed a wife like that Angel, just like you angel" I smiled a small smile graced my face. He smiled back. His first one with me like this. "Thank you" he said softly.

"You don't have to thank me Sir, I am your wife that means it is my duty to take care of you, understand you and your need" I said And not to express my wishes, it's ok though it is not like it is first time I am facing this.

I just wish that he could too understand how much I need love in my life, to him to understand me. I never wanted anything more than that. I never needed anything more than that.

He pulled me impossibly closer and hugged me tightly "Comfortable now baby?" He asked. I nodded. He pulled a blanket over us and bought out few things from a bag a worker brought out earlier. "Let's eat. I don't know what you will like so I ordered a selection."

"You didn't have to sir, I am comfortable with what you have been chosen" I said softly. "Anika, you are my wife, not my slave. Baby, you don't have to follow my every order and stop calling me Sir, Its Evander. You make me feel old" She scoffed at this...