Chapter 7

Americas POV- 

I was in the great room Maxon and I were getting married. We were saying our I do when all of a sudden we here a loud bang and the shooting begins. Maxon got shot and he was dying slowly.

"No Maxon don't die no"

Maxon died and I got taken away by the rebels. NO!NO!NO!

I bolt awake with a yell and I am sweeting and crying and saw that I had woken up Maxon. Oh great. He pulled me into his embrace and let me cry into his chest. A guard comes in but Maxon tells him that everything is ok and that he can leave. the guar leaves Maxon and I alone in his room.

" hey, its ok I am here calm down I am here" Maxon says

He kisses my hair and rubes my back. Once I was more calmed down I sat up and he wiped the tears from my face.

" Hey everything is ok it was just a dream" Maxon says. I kiss him and when we break apart we snuggle and I go back to sleep a dreamless sleep. I woke up and remember shit today is the ball.

" Don't worry dear, the ball will go ok" Darn it I said that out loud. I turned around to face my very handsome fiancée. I give him a kiss on the nose and stood up. I went to my room and changed into a pretty knee length dress that was sky blue with short sleeves. I couldn't put anything long sleeves because of my arm. My maid help me into m dress and once again they cover my scar that says MAXON with makeup. I put my sling back and left my room to find Maxon waiting for me on his room. Maxon and I walk up to breakfast and we are greeted my everyone now that we ended up being the last once in the hall.

"How are the love birds doing" Marlee asked wiggling her eyebrows. I bush and everyone laughed except for the king.

"How is your arm Ames" May asked. She looked like she wanted to kill Daphne.

" My arm is good thanks. It hurts to move it a little but rather then that it is good" I said sitting down. 

We ate breakfast and I was standing up when I hit my arm against the table.

"Ah. shit" I said. 

"Ames are you ok" Maxon asked with a confused look on his face. 

" yeah I am fine I just hit my arm against the table" 

" I sorry"

" It is not your fault Maxon it was an accident"

I excused myself and I was walking towards my room when I hear someone calling me from behind. I turned around to see Marlee and the other girls from the selection walking towards me. We went into my room and we talked until it was time to get ready for the ball. My maids put me in a knee length dress that was extremely elegant. My maids did my hair and makeup and I went to get Maxon. When I opened the door he jus stared at me and said

" You look- breathtaking" I blushed and I helped him tie his tie. When he was done he grabbed my hand and we walked down to the ball. We all danced and had fun. Obviously it is extremely hard to dance with a cast and a sling so I took the sling of just to dance and I danced with Maxon one slow dance before my arm started yelling in pain and I had to put the sling back on.  We all danced and had fun until we heard a loud crash was heard somewhere everything went silent. I started looking around and after a while we started talking again. After a while I was heading to the bathroom when a saw something written on the wall and I let out the most terrifying sob I have ever heard. It probably was really loud because everyone came running from the ballroom to were I was to see what was going on. Maxon was the first one to get there. He read what was on the wall and hugged me. Other people were coming in and I heard gasps from everyone.

America Singer you will turn yourself in to the southern rebels or you will watch your friends and family die. From your dear brother KOTA.

I started seeing black dots in my vision and heard Maxon calling my name. Everyone was surrounding me. All I could think was the message on the wall my friends, My family. The last thing I remember is collapsing into Maxon's arms.

I woke up and was greeted my a blinding light. Maxon was besides me holding mu hand and there were a bunch of other people around me.

" Look she is awake" Marlee said

" Oh my goodness Mer you scared the living shit out of us" May said. I could see she had tear stains in her eyes.

" How long have I been out" I ask remembering the current events and why I had passed out

" It has been an hour. Ames you and your family will be extra protected don't worry you will be fine I promise" Maxon said. I hugged him and the doctor gave me he ok so that I could leave the hospital. While I was leaving I saw King Clarkson pacing around in the Ballroom. I walk up to him with Maxon by my side and said

" Is everything ok" 

" What do you care" he answer

" I do care" I said

" Well suddenly country's that we have never made alliances with and we have been trying for years want to make alliances with us now because of all you have done. You know I am starting to think you are not so useless" he said

" Is that a complement" I was shocked. Maxon was behind me and I could see him opening his mouth in disbelief.

" I believe that is a complement. America I am really sorry for everything I have done to you. I should not have caned you that was really wrong of my part I am really sorry. You are a good girl for Maxon I am glad you are engaged to him. And Maxon I am sorry for everything  have done to you I have caned you so much and I am really sorry. You are my only son and I am really proud of you".

King Clarkson hugged Maxon and then left leaving Maxon and I were both with our mouth opened.

" Did he just...." Maxon said

"He did" I replied

Maxon POV- 

My father just apologized to me and America. What? Am I dreaming. I f I am don't wake me up this is incredible. I am so shocked but also very happy. Even after everything that happened this day couldn't get any better. I have my America which I will never let go and my dad just apologized. Even after the events of Kota after this I know we can get through this. We are a family and we stick together through everything and we make it through. This day couldn't get any better.