Chapter Three: Friendly Date

It was now lunchbreak and I was walking towards the cafeteria together with Mr. President. I agreed to have lunch with him 'coz I don't want to disappoint him if I didn't accept his little invitation. You know, ignoring an offer is an insult.

We were both silent while walking but I feel he's stealing glances at me. I caught him looking at me and he quickly averted his gaze. I just laughed mentally at his sudden reaction. I really can't distinguish what's going on with this guy. Why would he act that way in front of me. It just made me bewildered.

As we reached the cafeteria, we immediately looked for a vacant table and ordered our foods. And being a nice guy, Kevin insisted to pay for my order 'coz as he said, he's the one who invited me so he's responsible for paying it. All I did was to thank him for his kindness. He's really a nice guy, isn't he? And also a gentleman.

"Thanks for this, Kev." I said to him as we sat on the chair and laid our foods on the table. He was sitting opposite to me so we were facing each other.

"You're welcome, Cess. I should thank you also for having this lunch with me. I-I'm so happy."  Yeah, I could feel the happiness in his voice. But what does that mean? Nothing. He's just happy 'coz I didn't ignore his invitation. Period.

I simply smiled at him in return and began eating my delicious meal. He also followed and then silence took over between us as both our concentration was on the food. But in halfway of our eating, he started out a conversation as not to feel any awkwardness. We talk about lots of things, mostly about our personal lives. He also admitted that this was the first time he approached a girl and invited to have lunch with him (Oh, I'm so lucky to be the first).

"So why did you chose me to have lunch with you?" I asked him. I'm just wondering why he didn't ask my other classmates (who was more prettier than me) to go with him instead. Why me?

He looked at me first, letting out a shy smile. "Coz, uhm...I-I like-" He paused for a while like he's trying to find the correct words to say.

Like me? Oh, my god. Don't say that, Kevin. Or maybe I'm just overthinking. What do you think?

"I like...I like to be with you, Cess." He shyly said. Okay. I exhaled deeply.

But why need to stutter? He's been stuttering since he talked to me in our english class earlier. And he's a bit timid, too which was quite strange. Why is that so? What's happening to this guy? It's not that I am numb or what, I just don't want to put malice in his every actions. Or maybe this is how he reacts in front of a girl? But he is our class president and I never saw this kind of shyness in him everytime he leads the class. He talks to everyone, he talks to my male classmates and so the females. And he's not shy at all, as what I had observed. But he seldom talks to me in the class and I often caught him looking at me. I had just realized and noticed it these recent days. Why is that so? I'm now confused. I really don't have any idea. I can't say that he likes me coz he never admitted it. Or maybe he will soon? Gosh, what is this am I thinking? I don't want to assume on things.

Stop being assuming, Cess! Okay. And don't put malice also. Okay, okay.

"Cess?" Kevin suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at him as I try to remember the latter words he said.

"Ahm, I would like to be with you also, Kev. I mean, we could both bond with each other sometimes. If it's okay." I said.

"That's great! I would be looking forward to that!" He replied happily. Well, apparently, I'm one of the happiness of this guy.

Really, Cess?

We continued talking for another more minutes until we heard the bell rang for the start of the afternoon classes. We both got up from our seats and exited the cafeteria as we made our way together to our Social Studies class. We were walking at the hallway when I spotted Rizza and she looked at me with a surprising look after seeing that I'm with a guy (refers to Kevin). I mouthed later to her then waved goodbye. I'd better prepare myself for a dozen of questions coming from her later.

"Who is she?" Kevin asked.

"Just a friend." I answered shortly. He just nodded. As soon as the class started, we didn't had the chance to talk again. But I would often caught him looking at me and that makes him blush a little. And I find it cute seeing him blush like that.

It somehow...attracts me. Oh, Crap!

◇♡◇♡◇♡◇

"Who's the guy?" That's the first question that came out from Rizza's mouth.

"He's Kevin, my classmate. Also our class president." I answered.

"So he's probably a smart guy!" She gushed.

"Yeah." I said with a nod. Kevin is really a smart guy. No wonder he was chosen as the president of our class. And I always admire people like him that's why I'd developed a crush on him before. Hey, take note, it was before. And I actually don't know why that crush thing suddenly vanished. It's like one day, I haven't felt it to him anymore. That was also the time where my attention was focused on Franz.

Franz. He's my real guy. My real crush. My real love. My real prin...

"Cessss!" Rizza suddenly shouted and I almost fell off from my chair. Ugh! This girl also freaks me out sometimes, like my mom.

"What?" I asked her, frowning.

"You're out of your mind again. What are you thinking? Thinking about that smart guy?" She teased as she winked at me.

"Hey, n-no!" But I actually thought of Kevin then suddenly Franz inserted on my mind. So I'm thinking about the two.

"Okay, okay. No need to shout." Did I shout to her? Maybe. I can't recall. Gosh, what's happening to me? I suddenly forgets everything so quickly.

Mom, please buy me now some memory enhancer! I need it...badly. I'll talk later that thing when my mama arrives.

"Cess, do you like him?" Rizza asked again and I gaped. Why she was asking me that? She's putting malice on it. She shouldn't.

I looked at her seriously and suppressed myself to laugh. "No, Rizz. I don't like him." Now, but what about before? Forget about that. "He just invited me to have lunch with him and that was that. We're just friends." I explained.

"You ate lunch together? Aw, that was cute!" She exclaimed while I looked at her with my brows furrowed. What's cute in that? "You know, girl, when the guy invites you out or something, there was a meaning on it."

"And what's the meaning then?" I asked, getting more confused.

"That they felt something on you." So Kevin feels something on me? No, I don't think so. I won't assume unless he told me that he liked me. But he didn't. So don't hope anymore.

Hey, I'm not even hoping!

"Are you sure with that, Rizz?" I asked.

"Yeah! It's proven already! Infact, I had experienced that one before. A certain guy invited me to go out for dinner and the very next day, he confessed that he liked me!" Rizza said happily as if she was having a daydream. As if her story was really true.

I only nod at her like I believed on everything she said. I don't think Kevin felt something on me. We only ate lunch and it's not considered as a date even. So I won't give meaning to that.

"Rizz, just don't put any malice on it. We're just really friends. Besides, I already have Franz in my life." Yes, I already have my guy whom I dearly love so much. So I don't need to look up to other guys out there, only to Franz. He's my everything that's why I kept on waiting for him.

But the thought of Kevin puzzles me somehow. But I just shrugged it off away.

◆♥◆♥◆♥◆

Photo of Kevin and Cess at the top :D