Chapter Twenty-One: Dinner Date

"Where are we going by the way?" I asked Kevin.

He glanced at me and turned his attention back on the road.

"Secret."

I rolled my eyes. Does he needs to keep it as a secret? I don't think we're going into a famous resto and have a lavish dinner. Well, whatever to him. I'll gonna find it out later. And wait, if it's a secret, that means there's a surprise on it. Yay. Excitement rushed over me.

Calm your ass down, Cess.

"Okay." I replied casually.

He glanced at me again and let out a smile.

Crap, that kind of smile. That's making me fall inlove at him. More.

Oh gosh, Cess! What is this you're thinking about?

I shook my head three times.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kevin asked.

"Y-yes, I'm just okay." I replied with a smile.

Calm down, Princess. Calm down.

After like thirty-minutes, we arrived at our destination. I peeped through the window and we're in front of Hotel Del Rio, a three-star hotel and one of the famous in our city. So obviously, we're not going to eat in a fastfood chain as what I had thought at first.

Yehey! I'm eating something delicious tonight.

I went out of the car after Kevin parked into the parking area. He followed suit.

"So, we're going to eat in this hotel?" I asked even if it's obvious.

"Yup." So, this was for real. "Every friday, they have a buffet here so I decided to get a reservation."

Did I just heard buffet? Oh, how I loved buffet. You know, a lot of foods. I haven't gone into a buffet dinner for a long time so I'm going to eat much tonight. Haha.

I haven't told you I'm a food lover also. But not that I'm a fat person or something. I just loved foods and I often eat in control. That's why I don't gain much weight. I still have that sexy body.

Yeah, not kidding.

"Come on?" He asked. I grinned at him.

But what surprises me was that he suddenly grabbed my hand and hold it. I looked at our hands then back at him. He only let out a sweet, shy smile, making his cute dimples visible. I couldn't help but smiled back.

Okay, I'll allow Mike Kevin Alejandro to hold my hand tonight. Just for tonight. And without hesitation, I entertwined my fingers to his. Wow, Cess, you're doing a move. I felt his fingers pressed tightly against mine as he gave me a little squeeze.

We then headed to the poolside area of the hotel. It's a poolside dinner buffet by the way. But as we walked by, I kept on gazing at our entertwined hands.

Seriously? HHWW? As in, Holding Hands While Walking? 

Whatever. I find it sweet. His hand was soft and smooth. Just like...Franz.

Oh, my so-called prince charming. Up to now, he hasn't yet communicating to me. And I think I already came to the point that I was now tired of waiting. Yes, I was already tired. It seems like he has no plan at all to bring back our communication or to show up either. I'm just making myself looked like a fool. My hopes were now slowly dying that everything between us would be back to normal. So even if it hurts like hell, I'll try my best to forget him. Just like what he did to me. Though I think it's quite impossible. How can you forget a person whom you're truly inlove with? But whatever. I need to move on.

I took a short glance at Kevin. And I wonder, can he replace Franz' space in my heart? Can he make me happy? Can I love him?

Yes. Says a voice inside my head. I don't know. Maybe? Maybe I can love him. Just give him a chance, right?

Wait, wait. What is this I'm thinking again? Before I forgot, Kevin never confessed his true feelings for me. So why so assuming, Princess? Ugh! I hate myself.

We finally reached the poolside. There were already lots of people and most of them were in the pool, having a night swimming. So it's free to swim here while having a buffet dinner. How cool was that? I gazed down at my dress. I felt inappropriate wearing this outfit. Why Kevin haven't told me to bring my swimsuit? Probably he doesn't want to see me in my two-piece bikini. I chuckled inwardly.

Hey Princess, remember this guy isn't a perv.

We reached the table reserved for us and Kevin pulled the chair for me to sit in.

"Thanks." I muttered. He then also sat on the chair opposite mine.

"So, do you like this place?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered with a nod. "It's quite cool here."

My eyes roamed around the area. There where bright lamps surrounding the swimming pool. The tables were covered with white cloth with scented candles at the center. An old romantic song was also playing, making the area somehow romantic. At the corner, I saw a line of people and a long table filled with delicious foods. A waiter was also grilling some barbeques. Yay, I suddenly got hungry by the smell of those foods.

"Cess, are you hungry now?" Thanks God he finally asked. I'm really starving.

But I was shy to admit that I am so I asked him back the question.

"How about you?"

"Well, yeah. So maybe we can fall in line now?"

"Yeah, sure!"

We both stood up and beelined as we picked foods one by one. All the foods were delicious and I want them all in my plate but I don't want Kevin to think that I eat like a pig. So I picked only the ones that was really my favorite. After getting foods, we went back to our table. Kevin looked at my plate and he laughed a little.

"Can you eat that all?" He asked, a bit surprised.

"Yeah, ofcourse!" My plate was indeed full of foods consist of grilled chicken, adobong pusit, shrimps, dinuguan with puto, lumpia rolls and my favorite lechon. All traditional Filipino dishes. I also have mango float for dessert and a pineapple juice.

"You're very hungry, obviously." He stated and I nod at him while smiling.

"And you're not afraid to become fat." I chuckled.

"No, not all. I know I still looked cute even when I'm fat." I joked and he laughed.

"I agree to that." See? Kevin really finds me cute.

Soon, we began to eat. I was really focusing on the foods that I didn't mind Kevin's glances at me. I think I'm starting to used to that. As soon as my plate was empty, he asked me again for another round but I refused coz I'm already full. I think my stomach was going to explode. We stayed for some more minutes until we decided to leave.

"Where do you want to go next?" He asked me. We were now inside his car.

I checked my watch. It was now 7:30 pm. Still early to go home. "Hmm, maybe we could take a walk?"

"Sure. I know a place for that." He said as he brought his car to life. I know, too where we're going. We pulled out into the parking and headed to Esplanade.

◆♥◆♥◆♥◆