Chapter Twenty-Four: Lucky

"How's the date?" That's the first question Rizza threw on my face the moment we saw each other in school.

"Um, just fine." I simply answered but I couldn't hide the smile curving on my lips.

Well, after that date with Kevin, yes I labeled it as a date, I felt more happier than ever. I felt more likely inspired after we confessed feelings to each other. Up to now, his words still lingers in my head. Remembering that moment brought a different kind of chill throughout my body. My heart suddenly increases its beat to higher level and that bunch of butterflies at the pit of my stomach growls like crazy.

It is because of Kevin. Yes, to him.

Not Franz.

Oh, that guy, everytime I think of him, my heart only saddens. I've always thought before that he could shower me this kind of happiness but I was wrong. Instead, he only gave me sadness. Now I could say that he totally forgotten me. That truth hurts like hell.

Come on, Princess! Forget him.

But how?

I always told myself to forget him but my heart seemed like not following. He still occupies a little space inside my little organ. Well, there goes the line that the mind can forget but the heart can't. I agree on that.

But I really wanted to move on now. I can't forever be sad like this. He left me and now my heart was empty, though he still has a little space on it as I said, but maybe it's time to clear him out of my mind and heart. Though it's quite hard on my part, but I know I can do it. Besides, there's someone like Kevin who's willing to be with me and all I have to do is to totally open my heart and let him enter.

"Hey, are you planning to tell me the whole story or not?" Rizza asked with arms crossed.

I sighed. "Nothing really special happened." What I said is an understatement. Everything that happened on that friday night with Kevin was special.

Rizza just raised one of her thick brows. She was not satisfied of my answer.

"Come on, Cess! Just tell me!" Her voice a little too excited.

"Okay, okay. Um...he kissed me." I joked.

"W-What?!" Her eyes widened to the size of a saucer. I chuckled internally at her facial expression.

"Really, Cess? Where did he kissed you? On the lips? Cheeks? Nose? Or neck?"

Errr, neck? That's way more intimate. Imagining that Kevin was kissing me on the neck makes me want to pee.

"Haha! No. He didn't kissed me. I'm just kidding you." I said, chuckling.

She only rolled her eyes at me. "Then what really happened?"

"Well, we had dinner buffet in Hotel del Rio."

"Buffet?!" She exclaimed, this time her eyes as wide as a saucepan. I nodded.

I have to tell you that Rizza also loves buffet. And she eats like a pig too. No wonder we are the best of friends.

"Why didn't you bring me?" She asked childishly.

I laughed. "You should ask Kevin on that matter."

She pouted. "Okay, then what happened next?"

"Then we went to Esplanade. We took a walk while holding each other's hands." I smiled as I said that. I suddenly missed Kevin's hands. I missed the way he interlinks our hands together. It just felt good.