Prologue

When Rose Burke ran between platforms 9 and 10 she felt excitement for the first time in her life

When Rose Burke ran between platforms 9 and 10 she felt excitement for the first time in her life. The first thing that came into her view was the big red and black train, she assumed it was the Hogwarts's express. She took in her surroundings and saw families waving, hugging and saying goodbye. Rose felt a sting of jealousy while she watched them.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and she looked up to meet her brother's green eyes.

"I know", he said. "But we have each other and that's what matters now". He always had the ability of making her smile. She hugged him, as hard as she could, reassuring him she felt the same way. He held her hand and guided her inside the train.

"Ben. It's okay, really. I'll find my own compartment to sit in. Go with your friends."

"Okay. I'm at the very back of the train, in case you need anything"

Once he walked away, Rose turned around to grab her trunk when she felt someone crash against her. She let out a squeal as her feet got tangled up. She flew  her hands around, trying to hold on to anything, unsuccessfully. She fell on her back and she knew there would be a bruise left.

She felt a body on top of her. A boy, she realised, had put his hands at the side of her shoulders to help himself up. Beautiful blue eyes met her hazel ones, redheaded waves of hair falling over them.

"I'm so sorry" he said, looking flustered and getting up quickly. Rose smiled sweetly. "I didn't see where I was going. I can be pretty clumsy at times".

"Don't worry. It can happen to anyone"

"I'm Ron by the way. Ron Weasley"

"Rose Burke". Ron thought that name had sounded really familiar, but shook it off when he saw her extend her hand towards him. He shook it, a small smile forming on her lips.

"Oi Ron! Did you take a piece of parchment that was in my room? I can't find it anywhere"

A taller and seemingly older redhead came into view. Probably his sibling, Emma thought, considering the similarities were enormous.

"No? Why would I want a piece of parchment Fred?" Ron answered.

"I don't know! But I can't find it, so you will help me look for it".

"Fine! What's so important about it anyway?"

"What do you care".

Ron rolled his eyes and turned back to Rose.

"I'll see you later, I suppose", he said sounding sweet and hopeful. Fred looked at the brown-haired girl like he was just realising of her presence. Then, he looked back at Ron with a wicked and somewhat proud smile on his face. Damn, he thought. Only 5 minutes on the train and he's already talking to a girl. Well, he is a Weasley after all.