3

Kate got resurrected, Derek lost his powers, someone made a dead pool of all the supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills, Scott turned someone into a Werewolf, one of the deputies turned out to be... something, and now someone released a Werewolf-killing virus on school.

It sure has been lot of stuff to deal with.

The last cause was the most worrying. The entire school ended up getting quarantined, although it seemed that normal people weren't affected in the end. No, the worst fell on his friends.

It seemed like the virus was targeted mainly on supernatural creatures. In the end, Stiles ushered Scott, Malia and Kira to the Hale's vault.

They looked terrible. All of them. Weak, pale, shaking like leafs. It hurt to see them like that.

And Stiles felt useless. He was the best at it, but he had no idea what to do.

Nogitsune stalked around, looking through the various jars, boxes and things on the shelves surrounding them. He seemed to be in a happy mood (sometime, over the course of time, it became he). Stiles wanted to slap him for it. Preferably with a metal chair. Not like that would hurt the bastard anyway. But in the end, he ignored him like he always did, since - you know - he had more important stuff to worry about!

He wanted to stay with them, but once they started to bleed black blood from their mouths and claws, Stiles realized he'd be no help for them. He had to find some cure.

He said bye to Malia. She seemed half dead. Whatever was in the air seemed to affect her the most. She grasped at him, hugging him and begging him to not leave her alone. He promised her he'd be back soon.

Nogitsune started to fake-vomit at their show of affection. Stiles really needed that chair now.

At the end he left them and went to school. He looked around, trying to find anything that could help. He scanned the rooms full of sick teenagers, people in yellow suits and Lydia's mom, but found nothing useful and went away.

At the end he crashed into someone's office – who knew whose it was – and looked through the papers. He didn't really know what he was looking for, but he knew he'll know when he'll see it.

"So what exactly are you trying to accomplish again, Stiles?" His companion asked.

Stiles ignored him and looked through the various files on the table before him. He really wasn't in a mood to talk, right now.

The trickster sighed at the silence and shook his head. "Alright, so let me rephrase the question. Do you even know what you're doing, Stiles?"

Stiles stopped short.

Don't listen to him. He thought.

But... but he was right. Stiles had no fucking idea what he was doing. He just... he just wanted to help. God, why did it have to be so hard to find anything in here? He slumped into a nearby chair and looked around miserably.

Nogitsune took this as an answer and slowly came closer. "So... you want to save your friends. Even though they're pretty useless. And you'd be better off without them. "

Stiles glared at him and the trickster continued.

"But you're an idiot so you still hold on to them. Tell me, do you even know what this virus is? How to conquer it? Maybe that would be good to know."

Stiles stared at him for a moment. Why was he helping him? If he ignored the insults, Nogitsune could even be considered kind. How the hell did that happen?

But of course. He was right. Why didn't he think of that? If he spoke to the doctors, he could find out what it was and maybe figure out how to help his Pack. Stiles felt like kicking himself. Such and idiot...