Chapter 1

I'm Mia, Mia Green to be exact. I'm a 16 year old stereotypical nerd, I'm very shy and I'm the biggest target in my year. No one wants to be friends with me in fear that they too will get bullied. That's okay I guess, I would probably do the same thing anyway, I don't mind being on my own.

Joshua Cuthbert is my crush, everyone calls him Josh though, I actually grew up knowing him. His mum and my mum are best friends so I spent most of my childhood over at Josh's house or he was at my house, this all changed as soon as we started high school. Josh was one of the 'popular' guys, he played football and he was very musical. I on the other hand was definitely not a popular kid. I was classed as a nerd. I spent my time tucked away in the library studying or reading one of the many amazing books it has to offer. This is where my life went downhill. Being popular changes people, when you're popular you want to do everything to impress your also popular group of friends, as well as everyone else.

Josh changed, he became nasty. He went from being my only friend to pretending he doesn't know me within a click of a finger. It had only hit me how much he had changed when he started the bullying, he was the one who actually started it off, that just caused everyone else to follow his lead and bully me. It started with name calling and gradually got worse and worse until the physical bullying happened. I would go home every day from school and just spend hours locked in my room crying, after a while I just got so used to the bullying that it didn't really affect me as much as it used to.

That was until my biology teacher, Mrs Hopkins decided that it would be a wonderful idea to have people group up to do a project on photosynthesis and how exactly it works. I always dreaded group projects because I ended up doing all the work, I didn't mind but it just really frustrated me how everyone else just uses me. We were getting put into groups of 3 and Mrs Hopkins put everyone's names into a hat, picked three out and boom we have a group.

My name got announced and I was the first person from my group whose name got shouted out, you could hear a collective groan from everyone who was left, it really hurt how no one wanted to work with me, I just bit my tongue and kept my head down. The next person who was put into my group was a girl named Ella, she was really nice actually. She's probably the only person who would have a genuine conversation with me without being nasty in any way. Mrs Hopkins read out the last name and my heart started to race, I sunk further and further into my seat and at that moment I honestly wished that I didn't exist.

'Josh, you're joining these two lovely ladies'

Well this is going to be fun isn't it.