Chapter 16: Marleybone

Hey guys, I know I haven't updated the story in SO LONG!! Life was really hectic for a while, but finally found a few spare moments to write, and i'm planning on updating the rest of this story regularly from now on!! So sorry for the wait guys, hope you enjoy this chapter :)

"It's gone Mal..."

"Not necessarily."

I looked at him, skeptically.

"What do you mean?"

"She said that she sealed it in the sarcophagus of souls."

"...You're right. We find the sarcophagus, we find the book."

"Where do we start though?"

...It took both Malorn and me a brief second before registering what our next move was. We turned to each other and spoke at the same time.

"Sergeant Major Talbot!"

I gave him a small smile, before grabbing his arm and teleporting him to the oasis where the sergeant Major was. We ran up to him, watching closely as he gave us a sympathetic look.

"Well, you two look the worse for wear..."

"We just solved your Tut problem."

"You defeated Krokopatra!"

"Pretty much."

"Splendid! Without a leader, the Tuts should be easy to manage. With all your help, I must seem ungrateful. If there is anything I could do for you..."

"Actually, there is. What do you know about the sarcophagus of souls?"

"Only that we shipped it off to the Royal Museum in Marleybone along with some other artifacts."

Malorn stepped in, looking determined.

"We need to get into that sarcophagus. The Krokonomicon is in there. If Malistaire gets to it first..."

"Say no more."

The sergeant major reached into his red trimmed pocket and pulled out a large ornate looking spiral key.

"Take this and go to Marleybone. Talk to private Kinchley, he'll help you get that book back."

I nodded and took the key from his gloved hand. He didn't let go straight away, giving me an extremely serious expression.

"Be careful, Princess Emily. I have a bad feeling."

"I always am."

Malorn and I began walking towards the spiral chamber.

"I think you should tell the others. I'll meet you in the spiral chamber."

"Alright."

I watched as Malorn teleported in a flurry of projected skulls. Alright now to get to the spiral chamber, I walked past the oasis and into the pyramid that contained the spiral chamber. I waited for a few minutes before Malorn teleported into the spiral chamber, along with the others. He came up to me, and handed me my suitcase. I almost forgot about that. I gave him a grateful smile, which he returned with his trademark smirk.

"Alright, I assume Mal filled you guys in?"

They all nodded in unison.

"Let's go get that book back."

I walked up to the spiral door, and used the key to open it, before walking inside only to be greeted by the medieval splendor of Marleybone. I looked around the room, until my eyes landed on a member of the Marleybonian guard, dressed in royal colors; red and white. I walked up to him.