Chapter 5

(A/N) I've been trying to upload this for about three or four days ._. so finally CHAPTER FIVE!

~~Elly’s POV~~

    Kassie doesn’t text much, but she’s always on Twitter. She tweets about seeing new venues and cities. It’s been about three weeks since she left. I went back on her Twitter to see if there were any updates. Sure enough she had tweeted several times in the past two hours:

    “@Kassie_Michaels7: Considering a new twitter name, y’know, to sound more professional-like”

    “@KassieMichaelsOfficial: Hey tweeters! Just changed my twitter name to @KassieMichaelsOfficial”

    “@KassieMichaelsOfficial: Stop tweeting @Macy_Jackson124 ! Get back to your schoolwork! ;) xx”  

    “@KassieMichaelsOfficial: #VenueOfTheDay Anaheim! pic.twitter.com/gJu2iuOO”

    “@KassieMichaelsOfficial: So Paul said no more piggy back rides today #ThisSucks”

    One caught my attention; it had my Twitter name mentioned:

    “@KassieMichaelsOfficial: Hey @Elly_Mickies and @Averyy_Michaels Call me when you get the chance!”

    I immediately exited the app and went to my contacts.

~~Kassie’s POV~~

    I pushed the blue ‘Tweet’ button. Hopefully Elly sees it soon. I needed to hear her voice. Or Avery’s. Or Mom’s. Or anybody’s.

    These few weeks were amazing, but rough at the same time.

    I really only talked to Simon, Andy, and Paul. The boys were always off adventuring and I needed to stay with my vocal coach working on the songs. I couldn’t even perform the songs I wrote. Sure, I get to see the world! But, I’m seeing it alone. Andy barely talks to me now. He just asks if I have everything down and makes a few jokes, but other than that, he’s with the boys.

    I feel lonely. I didn’t want to say anything the first week because…well, it was the first week; I couldn’t expect everybody to immediately love me and talk to me. The second week, I just thought ‘Maybe British people aren’t as fast to make new friends’. The third week, I blamed Simon for making me stay behind with the vocal coach and make-up people and stuff. But, this is the fourth week.

     A month.

    An entire month away from friends and family. I haven’t gone to school either, I’ve needed to Skype my teachers and have them email me entire lessons. I used to never touch my textbooks, I just needed to hear my teachers say something to remember it for tests and essays, but now I have to read several chapters at a time just to submit a paper on time. I remember going to my freshman English teacher to see if my papers were grammatically correct; Now, I’m on my own and that is horrible ‘cause I can barely tell the difference between a semicolon and a two-dot thingy! I just want somebody to talk to me and make me feel like I made a good choice.

    My phone vibrated. Elly Mick-eronies and Cheese. The reminder of my silliness with my sisters made me smile. Weakly, but still let me smile. I slid across the bottom of my phone and held it up to my ear.

    “Hello?” I swallowed a lump in my throat. I was almost scared I was gonna break at the sound of her voice. I didn’t, though.

    “Kase, I saw your tweet.” Her voice seemed so different now; I haven’t heard it in so long I barely recognized it.

    “Yeah. Uhm, is Avery there?” I crossed my feet at my ankles; my legs were dangling off the edge of the stage.

    “No, not yet. Soon though. What are you up to?” I could hear my sister tapping on something, probably her keyboard or maybe she had me on speaker and she was texting.

    I looked up at the empty arena, empty seats and aisles. We had just ended light check and had a break before sound check; the boys were off being interviewed, the band was probably on the bus. Paul was along with the guys. Simon was never there, he was always flying back and forth from the US to the UK. I didn’t have anywhere to go and I wasn’t told to see the vocal coach today. A sob escaped my mouth. “Elly, I want to go home. This was all a stupid mistake.”