Chapter 6

(A/N) I know the last chaoter and also this one are fillers really, I know I promised a long chapter but I haven't had time to sit down and write for a good amount of time. Chapters might become shorter but probably no shorter than the chapter before this. But thank you for waiting! And please comment, suggest, fan and vote :D xx

~~Zayn’s POV~~

     ‘Hurry up Zayn!’ I read Liam’s text as I ran down the hall, I’m almost sure I left my jacket on the stage. I was about to walk through the curtains when I heard sobbing; I stopped in my tracks and peeked through the curtains.

     Kassie was facing the arena and was hugging her knees with own arm and held her phone up with the other. Her shoulders jerked with every sob that echoed through the room. She took quivering breaths. I tried to pay careful attention to her words.

     “I don’t know anymore, El….I don’t have anybody here, I feel like I can’t do it by myself….They’re always at interviews and I can’t talk to them or any of the band….But, back home I had you and Avery and Macy and Jack and everybody….I just think it wasn’t the right choice….I wanna go back home….Just tell Avery when she gets home….For now, just do whatever they tell me….Nah, they’re at an interview….Be alone for like another hour….Two hours ‘til show….No, they gave me a few songs….No, just the one Liam and they guys sent….I’m not even singing them….Yeah, but whatever….Probably just write a song or do some schoolwork….Just call me after the show….Love you, too. Tell Mom and Dad hi. Kay, bye.” She hung up and curled up into a tighter ball.

    One sleeve of her jumper was sliding off her small shoulders as they jerked when she sobbed. I didn’t know what I was going to say but I just knew she needed a hug and a few kind words.

   I knew how it was to be away from loved ones, but I always had the boys. She didn’t have anyone. And we sort of just ignored her.

    I was about two feet behind her when I cleared my throat. She turned around abruptly and looked up. Her cheeks were stained with tears and make-up, just like the day we went to her school. However, this was completely different. Back then, she was smiling and joking and bubbly. Now, she was breaking and her mouth stayed silent and her eyes lost that energy she had. I looked past me; she was looking for a way to get away. She took a step forward but I grabbed her shoulders before she had a chance to get away. I looked into her eyes, she calmed down. Her breaths got normal and the sobs stopped, just a sniffle here and there, other than that and the smeared make-up, you wouldn’t be able to tell she was crying or in pain. She flashed a fake smile and a glow returned to her eyes, I knew very well it was just to make me let go of her.

    “I’m trusting you not to run away.” I dropped my arms.

   She looked down and bit the inside of her cheek, “I won’t.” Her voice was so soft.

    I cradled her face just like I did before and wiped her cheeks clean with my thumbs, “You don’t want to go.” I stated it as a fact. I wasn’t going to let her give up, “I didn’t during X Factor boot camp, and you are not going to now.”

    She looked back up at me, almost confused, “Why not? I can’t do this. Not right now. Not alone.” Her nose started to get red again; she did that when she cried at her school, too.

     I dropped my arms again and put my hands in my pockets. “Yes, you can. Do you know why?”

   She cocked her head to the side and looked at me, she grabbed her elbows. “Why?” She was guarding herself.

    I looked away for a second and took a step back and got my hands out of my pockets. “Hello, I’m Zayn Malik and I would love to be your…Your new big brother!” I opened my arms out wide waiting for a hug. She stayed back and still for a moment.

    Kassie smiled, this time it was genuine. “Well, Mr. Malik, I would enjoy that…uhm, enjoyingly!” She stepped into my hug and we walked out of there as friends.