Another Riddle Chapter 3

A/N The thoughts in itcalic are Trixy's thoughts again. And the picture on the side is of dumbledore's office entrance. I hope you enjoy.                                                                                                                       ************************************************************************************************************

"Miss. Trixy, what two houses did the hat say you were perfect for again" Dumbledore asked after we went into his office. The castle was huge so i was so glad when we didn't have to go far to get there. The entrance to his office was a giant gargoyle that spiraled up wards to reveal a stair case when you said "Sherbet Lemon."

"The hat said Gryffindor and Slytherin." I recalled the hat right now was not on my head so it was basically lifeless right now.

"How can someone be perfect for both Slytherin and Gryffindor?" Snape cut in. His face had a scowl plastered on, and his eyes looked like they could be scanning my thoughts. For all I care he is, my old Headmaster at Durmstrang could and he did all the time.

"Ask the hat," I retorted and then after thinking added "Sir." Apparently that's just what the teachers did because the next thing that I know the hat was talking. (A/N Yes i know he didn't talk in the book, without being on someones head, but he did in the movie to Harry that one time SO...... HA.). 

"Trixy is a special person but she isn't alone, one other student would have been great in both houses but he had an opinion that separated him from the other house."

Dumbledore apparently never heard of that before because he asked giving him a stair that could read his mind, even though it's only a hat. "What other student?" He asked.

"I can't tell you right now," He said eyeing Snape. Dumbledore seamed to get the message, but Snape missed it because he was busy eyeing me, something all the teachers seamed to do once I was called onto the stool, like I could explode and burn the pace down. " I might tell you when there isn't a other student around."

"Ah, I see." I think I already know who the other student was because there sorting would be like mine and there was one of those, Harry Potter's. "But that's not the matter at hand. That matter is getting a plan worked out for Miss. Riddle.What do you want  to do I think you have made some friends in Gryffindor. Right?" I nod "So Miss Riddle what do you want to do about the situation?"

"I don't care just put me somewhere, plus you know this school and its ways better than anyone else,  sir." I just wanted to eat and right now some good old chicken noodle soup with chocolate frogs for desert. 

"As much as I would like to believe that I know this school really well, I think that some students know it as well or better than me." Fred and George, I thought to my self.

Out of the blue Snape spoke up, "I think that we should have her alternate dorms and schedules every week so that she might get a feel for each of the houses and then in a month and a half she can tell you her decision." Humm that might be a good idea.

"What do you think of that Miss Trixy?" Dumbledore asked me.

"That would work, what house should I start in?" I asked because I didn't want to make any decisions, all my mind could stay focused on is my soup and Frogs..... I wonder if they have a Snape Card? If they did I havn't found it yet, I practically eat that stuff religiously.

"How about Gryffindor." He suggested "Since you already have some friends in that house. And friends can help at Hogwarts, in more ways than just homework. But enough life lessons right now I think that your hungry, what do you want?"

"Chicken noodle soup and Chcolate Frogs!" I think that I shocked Professor Snape with a real disison. Food is one thing that I will always have opinions on.

After a three course meal full of soup and frogs, Dumbledore lead me up to Mrs. McGonagall's office so we could explain my current arrangements. Then Mrs. McGonagall, almost reluctantly, lead me up to my new dorm for a week.

"Here we are,"She said as we came up to a portrait of a fat lady wearing a ugly pink dress.

"Password Please" She said.

"Caput Draconis." And the portrait opened to my new home at Hogwarts, at least for a bit.

************************************************************************************************************A/N I'm very sorry that it took me this long to post, life happened. I hope this update was good enough for you all. 

Please Vote and Comment 

~AurorMist