Part 1

Important A/N: I want to let you know that since much of the dialogue will be in sign language and not spoken, I will reserve italics solely for when someone is speaking in sign language (excluding my author's notes, which will still be in italics), unlike my other stories where italics were thoughts as well. Sometimes a person will be speaking out loud while using sign language, but you'll be able to tell when those times are. If the dialogue is only in italics, it means someone is only signing, without verbalizing. Big thanks to MysteriousSlytherin5 and randomgurl2345 for giving me the idea of writing about Irby.

Iris' POV

"I want a girlfriend," Amber sighs as she watches TJ and Cyrus laughing together and acting all cute in a booth at The Spoon.

Amber, Andi and I sit in a row on the stools at the counter, all sharing a basket of baby taters as we gaze at the happy couple. I can't believe I didn't realize he was gay when I dated him. He seems so much more comfortable around his boyfriend now than he ever was around me.

"Same," Andi says.

Amber turns her eyes to Andi and they lock stares for a moment, both clearly pondering the situation. Amber's been out as a lesbian for a few months now, but Andi only told us she was pan a couple weeks ago, and I've been sensing the tension between them ever since.

"Guess we're in the same boat," Amber finally says as she frantically reaches to open the menu. "I'm in the mood for a milkshake."

"Me too," Andi says," but I don't think I can finish an entire one."

"We could share," Amber suggests. "I'll ask for two cups."

"Thanks," Andi responds. "What flavour are you getting?"

"What flavour do you want?"

Andi shrugs. "Anything is fine."

"Strawberry?"

"Why would you get strawberry when there's Oreo?"

"I thought you didn't care," Amber teases.

Andi puts her elbow on the counter, letting her head rest in her hand. "Because I thought you'd want Oreo."

Amber giggles before saying, "Oreo it is."

I watch as the girls and smile wide together, both of their faces blushing red.

"So you both want girlfriends," I say, trying to hint at the obvious solution.

"Yeah?" Amber responds, clearly clueless.

I shake my head. "Nevermind."

"What about you?" Andi asks me. "Any boys you have your eye on?"

"Not really," I reply before popping another baby tater into my mouth.

Andi pouts. "Darn. I was hoping one of us would have a love life so I could become invested in it."

I nearly choke on my food as I try to hold back my laughter.

"I could set you up with someone," Amber offers to me.

"Like how you set me up with Cyrus?"

"Okay, I promise this guy won't be gay," she assures.

I shake my head. "No thanks. I'm not really looking for a boyfriend right now."

"Suit yourself," Amber responds. "But I know a ton of guys who would love to go out with you, so just let me know if you change your mind."