Chapter Seven - Dinner

Hey guys! Before you start reading this chapter I just want to warn you that it's VERY short. I've been trying to write it for about a month now and I just faced a shit-ton of writers block. I'm actually very unhappy with it, but I just needed to get over this stupid scene so I can move on. This chapter is WAAY overdue, but because I couldn't find the right words I just put it off. Thankfully it's written, and I can continue. The next chapter is already being started, and I haven't faced any writers block yet so WOOTS! Hopefully there's still someone out there reading this, I'm trying desperately to bring it back to life! Thank you all for your support <3 xoxo.

_______________________________________________________________________________

The, for lack of a better word, dining hall was definitely not what I imagined it to be. I kind of imagined it to be like a school cafeteria, but it was completely opposite to that. There were six long wooden dining tables throughout the room, and a big fireplace at the end. Imagine the presidential dining room, and multiply it by ten and that’s what you get. I heard giggling beside me and turned to see Abby.

“That was my reaction when I first saw this place too. It’s so majestic in here you’d think you were in a king’s dining room.” She smiled and stole me away from Damien. He shook his head and went to sit down with his brothers. Delilah moved away from them, who were all goofing off and play fighting with each other by now, to come and sit with Abby, Carly and I.

“I hope you’re hungry.” Abigail said to me, and the three of them had a small smirk on their face. I really didn’t understand why until Tom, two other men and three women came into the room each with long carts packed with food. I don’t even know how it all fit on it. They each left one at the end of the table which they were sitting at, then picked up the food one container at a time, served themselves, and passed it along the row.

“Why are they doing that?” I asked confused. We were near the other end of the table and, to put it frankly, I was hungry. It was going to take forever to get down here. I looked jealously at Damien and his brothers, who were almost at the head of the table next to us.

“Everyone sits down according to rankings here. You know that Tom is the Alpha, and that small blond lady is Sarah, his mate. You know Damien’s parents Darrel and Kiona, they’re mated and Darrel is the Beta. The other man is George and his mate is the redhead Farrah. He’s the Omega, and their Will’s parents. After them comes all their children, then extended family, and finally the rest of the pack.” Abby explained to me. I nodded, not really understanding why they couldn’t just let everyone eat at the same time. I mean I was HUNGRY!

“So, who’s gonna fill me in on how all this stuff works? I mean yeah I read Twilight and all but come on, that’s fiction.” I asked after we FINALLY got our food. It was, by the way, freaking delicious. Abigail started.

“If you read Twilight, then you know everything about the basics. We can change when we want, we have mates -”

“But we don’t mate with people of such a huge age gap. I think the largest recorded was 10 years, and even that’s unusual. Normally they are within 4 years of one another, a year or two is the most common.” Delilah interrupted, “It has something to do with our souls being made at the same time or something mystical like that” she rolled her eyes and I smiled at her. It was nice to finally hear her speak animatedly. Usually it was short, like she didn’t really want to talk.

“There’s male and female wolves, we have a mental link while we’re wolves, when we’re human we have enhanced abilities, all that stuff.” Abby finished. I nodded.

“So what about packs? More specifically our pack? How does all that work?” I asked. This time it was Carly to speak up.

“A pack can take up as much land as they want, as long as they win it from someone or claim it first. However usually each city or town is a pack. Sometimes packs join up willingly and cover a whole region. We’re part of the Riverview pack – I know, so creative – and we cover”

I interrupted her, “Let me guess, all of Riverview?” All three of them smiled at that.

“There’s about 300 or 350 of us total. We’re actually considered a medium sized pack, and we have become one of the most peaceful. Some packs have as little as 20, others at much as 6000. It really depends on the amount of land they cover, and how much wolf blood is in the area.” She continued. “Don’t worry though, you’ll be able to figure all this out within about a week of being here.” She smiled. I smiled back, and we all got up to go roam the grounds before we had to leave for the rugby game. Stepping into Eden took my breath away, again, and there was chuckling behind me. I turned around and smiled at Damien. Delilah, Abby and Carly all took this as their time to slip away, leaving us to walk alone.

“I thought it was beautiful too when I first got here. Tom and Sarah do a wonderful job keeping it up.” He said as he held onto my hand. I sighed and leaned into him. He let go of my hand and wrapped an arm around me as we walked.

“You know, I’m sorry for always having to leave you and keep you waiting. This is why. I wished I could tell you but Tom forbade it. And especially with these rogues coming out of nowhere, suddenly attacking our pack, I had to help out. I am, after all, a Beta’s son.” He smirked. I looked up to him.

“I forgive you.” I said, and leaned up to kiss him. He pulled me closer, and we just stood there for a few moments, before he pulled away. I frowned at him and he laughed

“We better get going if we’re going to make the rugby game.” He said, kissed me quickly, and pulled me off to where all the other teens were getting in their cars to go.