03

SORRY! Last chapter was a short chapter but I'll make it up next chapter, this one will explain a lot but next will be dramatic I swear 😉

***

Nikki

I toss the rock over closer to the creek and hug my knees to my chest. I wipe my tears and pick myself up off of the ground, walking over to the tree.

I pull myself up, one branch by one and pull myself to the top, sitting on a wide branch and overlook all the children playing, being happy.

I was interrupted in my thoughts when Josh comes climbing up the tree, pulling himself over the branch and sitting next to me.

He scans his eyes over the meadow. "It's sad really. how they had shorter lives than us." He glances back at me.

"I know, they could've lived a peaceful, long life if what happened never happened." I sigh.

"It's all planned, ya know?"

I nod.

"Yeah." I put my head on his shoulder.

"Well." I stand up on the branch and grab hold of another small branch.

Suddenly I lose my balance and accidentally take Josh with me.

We land on the ground with a thud and surprisingly, nothing aches.

"Urgh, sorry." I laugh as I push myself off of his body.

"It's okay." he laughs and sits up aswell.

There's a long pause and as soon as I know it we are leaning in and our lips are moving in sync, while we are on the ground.

I pull away and press our foreheads together and smile. He smiles back.

"I feel like that was a mistake." I sigh and pull away.

"It's fine, Nikki."

*~Flashback~*

Mystery POV

There's a knock on my door and I pull myself off of the bed and head towards the hotel door.

I open it and there's a girl wearing an Aaron Carpenter t-shirt.

"OH MY gOSH" she screams, her voice cracking.

"I love you so much!" she yells and engulfs me in a hug.

"First of all, who are you, and how did you get my hotel room number." I say.

"The boys invited me up here and my name is Amber."

"Alright Amber, you can have your picture." I smile and pull her over to the bed. She sits on the bed and I sit beside her.

I tell her to hold the camera up and she does, but when I go to kiss her cheek she moves at the last minute, causing me to kiss her.

"How could you." I hear from the door way and when I look up its Nikki.

"Wait Nikki! I can explain!" I chase after her.

"Save it cheater." she pushes me back and I hit Amber.

I turn around to face her and she looks at me, not sorry at all.

"This is all your fault." I yell at her.

"You kissed me first. " she smirks.

"Whatever." I run back into my hotel room and lock the door behind me.

***

Matt (Present)

My hands tremble and my stomach stirs. Why would he want to do that? I put my head in my hands and take a deep breath.

"Just please don't do it again." I sigh, and he doesn't respond.

"Whatever, I'll see you later." I shut the door and exit the hospital room, walking down he hallway. I walk back into the elevator.

When I get to the lobby, I see a few medics run upstairs with supplies and one of them is talking frantically.

"Emergency in room 168, teen flatlined."

"Room 168? That's where Nash was staying!" I run up to the elevator doors right as they close and start banging on them.

"Please... please let me in." I slide down the wall and immediately start breaking down.

"I can't." I whisper.

"I can't. "

***

Matt

"Anything on Nash yet?" I tap my foot.

He sighs. "I'm going to take this the calmest way possible." he takes a deep breath. "he's gone."

***

Nikki

I wake up in my own bed, in a small pool of my own sweat, breathing heavily. There's a small light shining through the window, floor clean, white and clearly vacuumed.

I pull my comforter and walk over to my window, it's still October! I look down and see I'm still in my pyjamas, from the night before we left for North Carolina.

All of a sudden Matt bursts in through the door, smiling, but his smile suddenly fades when he sees that I've been crying. He runs up to me.

"What's wrong?" he holds me really tight.

"It was a bad dream." I sob into his shoulder.

"Hush. What was it about." he calms me down and hugs me tighter.

"Nash."

"What about him?" his voice getting softer.

"He died."