"We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals" Continue...

17 years ago

"In five, four, three, two...This is Jim Kellerman, reporting live for Channel 2 News outside of the Capital West bank at Main and Sixth. A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not three hours ago and took an unknown number of hostages."

"Hey, get them behind the counter!" The man shouted as he rounded up the hostages, gun in hand. "Now you've put me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do. Hmm? Shit!" 

Number 3 or Allison calmly skipped up to the man. The man turned to her, "Hey, get back with the others."

"I heard a rumor," whispered Allison.

"What? What did you say? " 

Allison took a step forward, with a smug smirk on her face. "I heard a rumor... that you shot your friend in the foot." The manʻs eyes turned glazed and shot his accomplice twice. The hostages screamed.

Number 1 or Luther jumped down from the rooftop into another man, slamming his head on a counter and using his super strength to throw him out a window.

Number 2 or Diego ran in and shouted. "Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives." He threw a dagger straight forward, only to use his powers to curve them to hit a man in the chest.

The man climbed on the counter pointing his gun at the kids in fear. "Get back you freaks."

"Hey, be careful up there, buddy." " Wouldn't want you to get hurt."  Diego and Allison riled him up before Number five or Five popped up behind him. "Or what?" before popping away. He reappeared as the man was about to shot him only for his gun to be replaced with a stapler.

"Ooh! That's one badass stapler!" Five commented after hitting to manʻs head with the stapler.

With Reginald, Vanya and Julian (in bat form) Julian POV

So here I am. Finally being out in the real world, seeing so many people, animals, buildings, sights, smells. But there was one thing that kinda makes me depressed. Father still has not told any of the siblings about me and I was ready to meet them after many attempts and training to keep my growing powers at bay so I wouldnʻt hurt anyone and I was in my tiny bat form, sitting patiently next to my sister, Vanya and "Father". My siblings were shocked to see a little bat on "Fathers" shoulder.

Earlier...

"Everyone gets in line," announced Reginald as the children were getting in line by number while Vanya was next to him. Vanya was looking at her siblings until she turned her head towards her "Father" only to see a furry creature on his shoulder. A bat.

"Father, why is there a bat on your shoulder?" asked Vanya, making all of her siblings look at their "Father" where there was indeed a bat.

"That's neither of everyone's business. Now move along," he answered, as all of them left.

Now

"Why can't I go play with the others?" Vanya asked as I looked at "Father" to hear what his answer is.

"We've been through this before, Number Seven. I'm afraid there's just nothing special about you." Reginald said, bluntly. 

"Oh," Vanya said. I looked at Vanya, she looked sad. I waddled up to her and rubbed my furry face on her knuckles. She looked down as she let a smile slowly appear on her face., seeing her smile made me give her a sort of bat smile. A scream was heard in the bank, I somehow recognized that scream as Klausʻs. I knew I wasnʻt suppose to do this but for me, Family always comes first then people knowing me. I soared into the sky and flapped towards the bank, ignoring the shouts of protest from "Father".