Chapter twelve

Tamel sat on the plush couch next to the ice bucket that was on a sort of end table where a chilled bottle of wine was placed in. Train sat on the opposite side of the couch.

“What’s on your mind, homie?” Tamel said taking out the bottle of Champagne and grabbing one of the wine glasses next to the bucket. “You want some?”

“If you’re not feeding me first, you can’t serve me drinks,” Train joked.

Tamel laughed. “Shit, you would eat me out of house and home. I wouldn’t even bother.”

Train nodded.

“So, seriously, what’s up?” Tamel said pouring himself a glass. He had a feeling he was going to need it.

If Train came inside the Chicken Strip, there was a reason and it wasn’t for the strippers or the buffet.

“Problems, my gee,” Train said.

“We’ve had problems before,” Tamel said.

“Yeah, but this one concerns me,” Train confessed.

Now Train had Tamel’s full attention.

“You ever heard of the name Street?” Train asked.

“Yeah, once or twice,” Tamel admitted taking a sip of his wine.

“Well, you might be hearing more than that,” Train said. “They’re a group of brothers that has been snatching niggas’ territories left and right. They’ve made quite an empire. And they gunning for your throne next.”

“How you know this?” Tamel asked.

“Because one of those bastards tried to recruit me,” Train said. “Some lame ass sucka duck nigga named Trouble.”

“Trouble?” Tamel repeated the name. “Now that name I’ve heard.”

“Well, you should, his murder game as almost as good as yours or mines,” Train informed. “Well, maybe more yours. The nigga is about his business and he would be cool if he wasn’t…you know…a sucka duck ass nigga.”

“Why they come to you and why they want my spot and who are they?” Tamel shot off a fury of questions at Train.

“Nigga, slow down, I’m not the damn Channel Nine News, nigga,” Train said. “I don’t know all the details. I just know the nigga heard about me and shit, why not, because I’m a fucking star and wanted me to get on. I told that nigga I’m straight and to ask his mother if he needed any more proof. He tried to flex up then started talking like a bitch about these Street niggas that’s supposed to be coming and taking over shit.”

“Word,” Tamel shook his head. “I’m going to have to see their resumes. If they coming for the throne, I got make sure my house is in order.”

“That’s the thing,” Train said like he was ready to now drop the bombshell. “They’re also cops.”

“Cops?”

“Yeah, one’s an official Narcotics motherfucker and the other one works right inside Police Plaza,” Train informed. “I think they even get a sister as one of the operators. I heard a lot of shit goes down on her watch that don’t even go over the radio and the shit that does go works in their favor.”

Tamel was really intrigued now.

“Word, they got it sewn up like that?’ Tamel asked.

“Like a motherfucking knitting class,” Train confirmed.