Chapter twenty one

Carmel was waiting outside when Kaeron stepped out the precinct. She had tears in her eyes.

"I thought they had you," Carmel said running up and hugging him.

"I'm okay," Kaeron said. "You know they can't mess with Sexy K."

"Let's get out of here," Carmel said. "I'll drive you home."

"Sounds like a good idea," Kaeron said. "Hey, what happened at the club?"

"You mean after the cops rounded y'all up," Carmel laughed then saw Kaeron's face and got serious. "Nothing. They told us we shut down for a while. Staretta had be driving to the psych ward she was so traumatized."

Kaeron nodded.

"You would think a woman that could coochie feed herself would be ready for anything but I guess not," Carmel sighed.

Carmel parked her little red Toyota Corolla in the police parking lot. She quickly got in and pushed the lock for Kaeron to get in on the passenger side.

"How was it inside?" Carmel asked starting the engine.

"Just glad to be out," Kaeron smiled. "You hear about the others? You seen anyone else leave?"

"No, but I just got here," Carmel said. "I was lucky to see you getting out. I thought I would have to wait."

"I know right, me too," Kaeron said.

"So what happened?" Carmel asked. "I mean they must have had you in there for a minute. You know that girl went to the hospital. They said someone put her head to the floor."

Kaeron said nothing.

"Did you do that?" Carmel asked.

Kaeron still kept quiet and just looked out of the window.

"I mean I know what she did in the office," Carmel said. "And then her going after Drama. That shit was crazy."

"Just shut up and drive," Kaeron suggested. "And turn on the damn radio."

"Okay, geez, sorry," Carmel said.

Kaeron shook his head. "I'm sorry. Just a lot going on. It was a madhouse in there but I held my ground. They were trying to get me to roll over and start snitching but I told them bitch ass cops to kiss my ass."

"Yeah," Carmel smiled. "That's the deal."

Carmel turned the radio on and Kaeron leaned back in the passenger seat enjoying the music.

"I'll tell you what," Kaeron said. "Those bitch ass niggas better be glad they let me go. I was ready to put one of those pigs' head through a desk."

"Damn, baby," Carmel smiled. "Hearing you talk like that making me wet."

"Yeah," Kaeron smiled. "I had those bitches scared of me in there."

"Did you?" Carmel asked.

"Yep, they know not to fuck with Sexy K again," Kaeron nodded.

"I knew you was that nigga," Carmel winked.

"You better believe it," Kaeron said. "I am that nigga. I run shit up in here."

Carmel nodded. "You sure do , boo."

Carmel went in her car ashtray and pulled out a piece of leftover blunt she didn't finish smoking.