Cody Fern

Requested: No

Warnings: No

Word Count: 341

~~~~~

"You bought a dog?" you say blankly to Cody as he stands in the doorway. "Of all things, a dog"
"Yeah!" he boast, holding the little fluff ball in his hands. "Meet Lightning!"
You stare at the puppy's pointy brown eyes and gorgeous brown eyes, and the white marks on its face and the underside of its body- you could probably grow to love this thing.
"Why a dog?" you ask, walking up to pat the puppy, Cody slides his glasses onto his head.
"Eventually I want to start a family with you" he says, stroking Lightning on the underside of his body. "So maybe a puppy is like a child. Training for us both"
"Cody" you sigh, "A dog? You're gone all the time, I'm working- sure it's great while we're both here..."
"He'll come to work with me" he smiles.
You just laugh at him. "Productions gonna love that"
"I'm gonna make this work" he says, putting the puppy onto the floor and letting it run loose around your large living room, "Because one day when we do have kids, we can't just...I don't know, leave them at home"
"CodyI'll stop working"
"As much as the idea of you being a stay at home mom turns me on, and the idea of you not having to work makes me happy; you love your job, you love what you do"
"But that's all gonna change" you reply, fixing his hoodie strings, "If I had to chose my job, or having a family with you, I'll have the family with you"
Cody smiles and leans in, gently planting his lips against yours. "I love you"
"I love you too. Thirsty?" you say, walking off into the kitchen, but it's not long before you notice the first thing Codyhas to do as a daddy.
"Coco" you call out, poking you're head around the corner.
"Yeah babe?"
"First daddy duty- Lighting did number two's on the carpet"