That Jerk

The strange Alteans – for they didn't have the markings that Lance had on his face that marked him as the one Allura picked – marched him along at a brisk pace. Eventually, they exited the woods and Lance saw a structure which looked like the Castle of Lions, and yet the Caste of Lions was destroyed. They made him change into prison garb and left him in a jail cell.

That's when an older version of him and Keith came into the room, yet he knew from the lack of marks on the other Lance's face that it wasn't a future him. He didn't care for either of them beyond the fact the alternate version of him must be just as amazing as him but did care when Allura walked into the room. Even without her dark skin and white hair he knew it was Allura.

Of course, the look of disgust on her face reminded him of how Allura acted before she started dating him.

He ended up stuck with that Lance but didn't think much of it at first because any version of him must be super amazing. That was until that Lance started laying into him but openly accused Lance of killing Allura. The comment stung as did the accusation Allura didn't love him. As such he couldn't help but not like the man despite the fact, they were supposed to be the same person.

Any thoughts regarding his dislike flew out the window when Keith was under protest carried back to the infirmary.

The thought of Atlas falling honestly didn't bother him, but he thought to himself, "my world ended when I lost Allura. Why should I care."

"Stay."

Lance froze outside the door as he stared at the person he didn't like even more, and the door closed behind that Lance. In the back of his mind, he wondered how it was even this Lance gave Keith special treatment. He found himself leaning up against the wall just outside muttering to himself. "Seriously..."

"Hurry!"

"Seriously Pidge. I am..." The person speaking stopped right in front of him and stared.

Lance's blue eyes widened upon seeing an older version of his best friend. The other person, who Lance hadn't paid any attention to called out further down the hall. "Come on Hunk! Keith told us there was an emergency."

That Hunk left while Lance glanced at the ground in irritation and muttered under his breath. "Seriously. Even in this universe, I'm not important enough to call for an emergency." Lance stood up straight and his hands formed fists at his side. "No! I'm less important as I would have been called upon! No wonder I'm not with Allura like I should be in this universe."

Lance turned towards the door so he might knock on the door. His hand hovered at the door while his head went down. Something made him hesitate. It might have been the thought that the other Lance would be pissed off with him because he'd not followed instruction. It might have also been the realization Veronica was on the Atlas and yet he'd brushed the crash of the Atlas aside as if it were nothing.

A sigh escaped Lance's mouth and he turned around and leaned up against the wall. His arms crossed his chest while he waited for that Lance to leave. The door opened and that Lance stepped out, but Lance didn't like how that Lance seemed quite pleased with himself. Lance let out a sound of disgust and that Lance turned. "What?"

"Keith told the others about the emergency but not you. You're not that important, are you?"

Lance watched one of that' Lance's eyes twitch. That Lance turned slightly. "What exactly made you come to that conclusion?"

"If you were actually important, they would have contacted you." Lance let his tone of voice indicate his distaste for that Lance and how uncool he thought that Lance was.

The blue eyes of that Lance narrowed even more, but the look of disgust was evident on his face. "Look..." The stern looks on that Lance's face made Lance flinch, but swallow back the way he felt. "I don't know what issues you personally have, but don't transfer them onto me."

"I am not!" Lance felt his throat tighten. Lance took offense with what the man said, but added that as another reason he didn't like that Lance. In his mind, if anyone was deflecting it had to be that Lance. "It's not my fault you're not important enough to be included! I'm at least included."

That Lance remained silent for a few moments and then turned on his heels and started walking in the direction Lance saw that Hunk and whoever else went by go. Realization hit then that the other person was that Pidge. That Pidge was just as quick and nibble as their Pidge. That Lance glanced over his shoulder and said, "It's not my fault you can't see the whole picture because you are so focused on yourself."

"Excuse me! What's that supposed to mean?"

"It didn't even cross your mind that the reason I wasn't included in that memo wasn't because I'm not an important part of the team, but because I'm already doing something important."

"And what would that be?"

"I was assigned to keep an eye on you."

"You mean babysit." Lance rolled his eyes. "Call it what it is but admit it's not that important of a job."

That Lance stopped walking towards where ever he was walking and turned on Lance. "You know, you're a little jerk."

"That's your opinion."

"No. It's a fact."

"You're a jerk!"

"Yeah, well unlike you I'm actually willing to admit I am one."

Lance felt his jaw drop at hearing what he just heard. In the back of his mind, he didn't understand why that Lance would say that of all things. Lance didn't get much time to contemplate this thought as they arrived at the place that Lance was headed.