Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Waking up to find his palms intertwined in hers was a different feeling Gauri felt right at that moment – scooting closer to him Gauri balances herself on her elbow while staring at his sleeping face . Early mornings it was like a ritual for her, to stare at him wishing ONE DAY he would open up to her his feelings and he would tell her the reason why he is not willingly to make their marriage work. Lost in her thoughts Gauri does not notice him stirring and turning to sleep on his arm while his other arm flung in the air. Gauri's eyes widens seeing her lips pressed to the corner of his lips . Due to his heavy hand which knocked onto her head Gauri lost her balance on her elbow and ended up tumbling over him and accidently pressing her lips to the corner of his lip .

Omkara stirs and opens his eyes lazily trying to remove the 'thing' which was pressed against his lips . Omkara's eyes widens seeing Gauri looking at him her eyes big – as her lips were still pressed onto the corner of his lips . Omkara shocked moves a little brushing his lips against hers . They still in their places horrified , Gauri hurriedly pushes herself up as She sprints inside the washroom .

Omkara sits up cross-legged as he murmurs 'What just happened?" , realization dawns upon him – He kissed his wife ! wait not kiss a peck –a little brush of lips yet he felt electrified with the touch. Unknowingly a small tinge of pink appears on his lips remembering her reaction—The hazel dark orbs big as a saucer looking at him shocked – but how did it we end up in that position? He wonders .

Gauri turns the shower on as She looks flushed letting the water drench from her hairs to her body .unknowingly a blush creeps up her cheeks as she grins idiotically remembering the moment they had . She closes her eyes raising her head so the water falls on her face as a full smile appears on her face remembering the way he had consoled her . Gauri wraps her arms around her tightly remembering how he had his arms tightened around her consoling her and then he kissed me on my forehead . Gauri changes into dark orange kurti which ended few inches above her knees paired with a yellow upper jacket which had stone works on it and a light green and yellow Patiala pant . Gauri lets her hairs open while parting in the middle . She looks at herself in the mirror as a full smile appears – MAY BE everything is changing – The thought he is trying to give a chance to their relation makes her want to jump around squealing in happiness . Least she knew her happiness wasn't going to last very long .

Gauri walks out of the closet to see him sitting in the bed lost in thoughts . Omkara gives her a small smile feeling awkward but Gauri gives him a full smile making him smile back widely. There was something in her that made him want to hide himself in her smile in her arms . Gauri wasn't the way to shy away from showing affection from the people who were related to her . And it was her husband here ! If he is trying to work she too would give it a shot .

Gauri walks towards the dresser to wear her manglasutra and sindoor to fill her parting . Gauri looks to her front to see him standing right behind – His chest touching her back . For the first time she didn't feel nervous with the proximity in fact she liked it . Something changed after yesterday night . Omkara looks at their reflection – She looked like a Titli – so colorful and beautiful .

"May I?" Omkara whispers huskily into her ears . He wants to change for her if not for him already he had made up his mind he is going to make her happy and Why not start it today itself?