part1

Is there really anything wrong with this lifestyle? I love human flesh like humans love bacon and beef. Nothing tasted as good as human meat. The sweet sensation I get when the blood trickles down my chin. Smooth, clean skin. No, I’m not a zombie, those are dead. I’m alive. I’m an urban legend. I, am a ghoul. Regular food just isn’t the same anymore. It’s bland. I haven’t always been like this. I used to be normal, in a way. No, I’ve always been odd. I’ve never been normal. I used to have three personalities, and a power. A power to control people. I had a brother who also possesses this power. Mine is through my voice while his is through his eyes. We were made by a man that wanted to control as many people as he could. He wanted to see how far he could go. He tested his abilities at the cost of his own life. The cost of his was the birth of my new one. My new life, as a ghoul.

And it all started with a panda. It was almost this man, Toue’s birthday. My twin brother, Sei, and I decided to throw him a birthday party. Neither Sei or I thought of this man as our father, but he did create us. The least we could to was throw him a party for his 50th birthday. I wanted to have the panda guy that greeted people to Platinum Jail at the party, but ever since it was shut down, he’s been on drugs. I asked around if someone else could do it, but no one would. My best friend, Koujaku, didn’t even want to go to the party. Neither did my other “friend”, Noiz. I never knew what to consider him. He’s a brat, and he’s “too cool for friends”. Nevertheless, no one would do it, so I tried to convince myself that it would be fine without it, i just felt like something from Platinum Jail should be at the party, since I caused Platinum Jail to close.

I figured if I knew more about Toue, that I could plan a little better. Sei didn’t know, he didn’t even spend time with him. Toue had called him his son, but but he wasn’t very father-like. He only used Sei for his power, as a tool. Nothing at all like a father-son relationship. I felt bad for him. I was the twin with the faulty birth, but it turns out he was the miserable one. I had an incredible father-figure. But this isn’t about that.

I only had six days to plan and set up this party. Who was going, where it was, what time, would Toue even like or appreciate it? Sei didn’t think we had to make a big deal out of this, but I tended to do that with most things.

Four days left, only Sei and I would go. It didn’t have to be spectacular. Nothing fancy.  Nothing to show our appreciation to the man that created and gave us life. Sei said I was loosing it.

Two days left. It had to be perfect. Fireworks. The entire island would be there. The party was everywhere.

One day left. No one I know, not even Noiz and his rich little back pocket could afford something like that. Why should it even matter? Look at what he’s done to everyone. Me and Sei, freaks. He had his men wipe out Mink’s family, not that Mink and I were close enough friends that I would care about something like that for him. Mink is a difficult person to talk about.

Toue didn’t deserve the party.

The next day Sei and I headed over to Toue’s appartment, only to be greeted by a horrible sight. Toue, sprawled on the ground in the bathroom doorway.