part3

I still don’t know what happened after the needle. Toue was gone. He’s still gone. My straps were undone and I had a scar on my chest. There was blood, and a lot of it. The stench reached my nose and I felt like throwing up. All I knew was I had to get out of there. But I couldn’t go home looking like I just fought a war. I looked around for my stuff, and found only my bag in the corner of the room. I had no clothes except my pants.

I decided to run. Walking would have meant I purposely didn’t have a shirt on. I looked around for a place to go as I ran. Koujaku’s place was around somewhere.

          Koujaku was and is my best friend, and he always has been. His mother and my grandmother were friends so Koujaku and I became best friends. He was there for me when I was being bullied for looking feminine. Nowadays, he’s a hairdresser and opens his store whenever he feels like it. This occupation makes him quite the ladies man, although I don’t approve his behavior with the girls.

I found my way to his front door I knocked. No answer though. I pushed the door open and heard a familiar sound. There was definitely female giggles coming from the kitchen. I was known to those girls as Koujaku’s puppy; not a threat cause I can’t date him, but still his closest friend. I snuck into his room and stole a pair of black jeans and a shirt that was red on the sleeves and black everywhere else. I began to leave but he stood in the doorway with a shocked and confused look. I tried to explain that my clothes were dirty, and his house was closer to where I was coming from, but this guy knows my lying voice. He was persistent to find out what had happened. He even left the girls in his home to follow me all the way to mine. I didn’t have a desire to tell him though, I still had to get my mind set back to normal. He forced me to tell him what happened using guilt.

So I finally told him all I knew, he stayed calm. He took it in, then accused me of not telling him everything, so I had to show him the needle scar for him to stop asking questions. He took it well, but I didn’t. I looked at him like I’d never looked at him before. Like the waitress had just arrived at my table with my food. I know that feeling well, it’s a very distinct feeling. But why was I feeling this way about a human? About my best friend?

Sei came up to my room and broke my thoughts about Koujaku as dinner. He said Granny left to meet up with an old friend or something, and that he was bored. My brother was slightly paler than Koujaku. He had smooth, unscarred skin. I felt like Koujaku was the dish that went right past my table, and Sei came to mine. In a contradicting moment like this, the voices would have begun arguing. But I didn’t hear anything. I was thinking to myself. Just me. It was only me. I laughed at myself. I was hungry. Is this what Toue did? Is that what this scar is? My body moved on its own. I attacked my brother. I was much stronger than him, so his resistance was futile. He knew that too. I had him pinned on the ground, looking at him with devilish eyes. And my mind blurred. I remember eating, his screams, Koujaku’s screams, but I didn’t really care. My hunger was being satisfied. I only stopped when I noticed Koujaku’s tears. Was he scared of me? Why was he crying? Sei was the one dying, or-uh, the one that was dead. I ate my twin brother.

From then until now I haven’t returned to that place. I ran and jumped off the balcony. I’ve lived alone since then.