mingi - promise

This imagine is for eternalnamjoon , thank you so much for being patient! :)

Inspired by the song Promise, by ATEEZ.

My name is Y/N. I am a singer and songwriter from the UK. I am moving to South Korea to write songs for a kpop group, hopefully. If I find a job that is.

As I step off the plane I am engulfed with smog, due to the pollution in South Korea. Beyond that; is my own hope in the air, that reveals that I'll do well here.

I make my way down the streets of Seoul and walk into a music shop. There are records, record players, old CDs, anything you could imagine. I stroll around for a bit, until I see a rather handsome boy.

He is tall, has fair skin, fluffy brown hair, brown eyes. He had headphones wrapped around his neck, and he is standing so effortlessly. He is beautiful. We make eye contact for a split second as he's looking at CDs and I look away.

I can feel him staring at me. So I look back, and he's suddenly right next to me. "Hi." He smiles brightly at me.

"Hi." I say quietly, staring at the CDs blankly out of embarrassment. My cheeks become hot, as I can see him still staring at me.

"You like NCT?" He says to me and points at the Empathy album in front of me.

"Yes I do." I smiled back. "Me too, I'm gonna buy one! I hope I get Taeyong's PC, he's my rap inspiration." He says back.

"Oh really, do you rap?" I ask him. "Yeah, I do a bit of that." He smiles at me.

"Well, I have to run for now. What's your name, by the way?" He asks me.

"Y/N." I say with a smile.

"I'm Mingi." He says with a smirk and runs out the door, waving at me.

I walk up the cashier, NCT Empathy album in hand. I see a sign on the desk.

"KQ Entertainment looking for songwriter for new boy group. Please call 555-7628."

The cashier checks me out, and I thank him. I walk outside as I call the number for the job.

...

The next day I get all dressed up in fancy yet professional clothes. I walk confidently into the KQ Entertainment building.

"Hi, I'm here for the the job position about the songwriter." I tell the secretary. She brings me into a room with the CEO.

He turns around and looks me up and down. I shift my feet nervously, but do not lose my cool.

"Hmm. You're hired." He simply states.

"What?" I look up, puzzled.

"I said, you're hired. Now, go meet the boy group you will be working with; ATEEZ." He says, shooing me out the door.

I walk through the corridor and I'm met with familiar eyes.

Mingi? I think in my head, as he looks at me and smiles.

The other boys notice, and look at me weirdly.

"Hi, I'm Y/N. I will be your newest song writer." I smile, and bow politely.

The boys introduce themselves, and I can already tell that I will enjoy working with them and their creative personalities.

Then, Mingi pulls me aside.