The Last Few Lessons

Beginning: Dakon is teaching Itzio to be better at his defense. Dakon does a heavy straight forward strike. Itzio manages to block it but then Dakon did another heavy strike but this time from the down up. Itzio quickly puts his sword in a horizontal form to block the strike. Dakon then did two heavy side strikes on both sides. Itzio this time puts his sword vertically and managed to block the total of four strikes. Dakon says, "Good so far but now I'll be throwing in mixup strikes. Get ready" . Itizo gets prepared for the mix strike attacks. Dakon did a left side heavy strike. Itzio quickly puts his sword vertically and moved it to his left side and blocks it. Next, Dakon did a down-up quick strike and Itzio quickly moved his sword in front of him and made it horizontally. He was able to block that strike from Dakon. After that, he did a quick straight forward strike. Itzio moved his sword slightly lower but Dakon tricked him. He used the moment of his strike to move his sword on the flat side to do a quick right side strike. Itzio didn't have enough time to block it and got hit. Itzio got a cut from that strike. Dakon quickly moved his sword above him to do a up-down quick strike. He does that strike but Itzio again managed to block that attack by still having is sword horizontally but moved it upward to shield his face. Dakon once again did the up-down quick strike but stopped midway to confused Itzio which worked. Next, Dakon very quickly did a left side strike and Itzio didn't have enough time to block it, so he got hit. He got a cut from that and Dakon decided to do a heavy (left side) low-sweep strike that aims at the lower part of the legs. Itzio moved his sword vertically and lowered his sword to block the incoming strike which he succeeded. Dakon was about to do a up-down strike but stopped midway, to change it to a left side strike but stopped midway, to change it to another right side strike but stopped midway again. He finally followed through and did the very heavy (right side) low sweep strike. Itzio was barely able to block the strike but the force of Dakon's strike has slashed Itzio's sword out of his two hands. The sword flew and stabbed into the nearest tree. Dakon does a straight forward strike and Itzio prepared to block the strike with his left arm. Dakon stopped when his sword is only a centimeter away from Itzio's arm. Dakon said, "You were able to hold your own a bit longer than I expect but your defense isn't strong enough. In a real battle, your opponent might do that but much more often and faster. You got to learn how to watch out for those fake strikes that only stop midway. The purpose of that is to make the opponents feel overwhelm and catch them off guard to do a devastating strike. Keep that in mind, understood?" . Itzio nods yes as he understood. Dakon says, "Good. Now do you want to continue training or take a small break?" . Itzio walks to his sword which is a foot away from them. He takes his sword out of the tree and holds it with both hands tightly. Dakon says, "Ok. We will continue making your defense better. Get ready" . Itzio still holds his sword with both hands and the sword is in front of him.

Dakon runs towards Itzio and does a left side heavy strike. Itzio focuses on the movements of his opponent. He then moves his vertically to his left side and blocks the oncoming strike. Dakon swiftly does another heavy right side strike. Itzio moved his sword to the right side and blocks it. Dakon does a (right side) low sweep strike but suddenly changes his moment and moved his sword. He does a down-up strike. Itzio quickly moved his sword horizontally and blocks the strike. Dakon said, "Good. Your starting to catch on" . He swiftly moved his sword to do a up-down strike but stopped midway, to change to a left side quick strike but again stopped midway, to change to a straight forward quick strike. Itzio focused and barely managed to move his sword to the center of his body to block that strike. Dakon goes for (left side) low sweep but stops midway and up-down strike. Itzio moved his sword to where his face is and its horizontally. He blocked that strike but Dakon start to swiftly yet quickly moved his sword in all directions. He does a up-down quick strike but stopped midway, to change to a left side quick strike. He again stopped midway to change it to right side quick strike but he again changed it to a straightforward low sweep strike. He once again changed it to straightforward strike. Itzio was barely able to keep up with all that and had his sword horizontally. He blocked the strike but started to breath slightly heavy. Dakon noticed that Itzio's tired and asked, "Do you want to take a break?" . Itzio has a determined look and shakes his head no. Dakon says, "Alright. Another defense training session" . It becomes the afternoon and Itzio stands with his sword in front of him and he holds it with both his hands. He breaths very heavily and he is now sweating. Dakon doesn't seem to be tired at all and he puts his sword away, he says, "Time for a break" . Dakon and Itzio heads back to the camp. They see Zivala as usual, sitting on a log and reading a blue book. Itzio sits on a log as he catches his breath and puts his sword down next to him. Dakon says to Zivala, "We are back and you should tend to Itzio's wounds". Itzio forgotten about the single cuts he has on each side because he had an adrenaline rush during training. He starts to feel the pain. Zivala puts a paper in her book like a bookmark and she closes the book. She walks into her tent. A few moments later, she exits her tent with a first aid kit. She walks to Itzio and is behind him, she asked kindly, "Can you take off your shirt or lift up your shirt so I can tend to your wounds?" . Itzio takes off his shirt and puts it on top of his sword. He sits upright to make it easier for Zivala to tend to his wounds. She opens the first aid kit and places it down next to her. She took out bandage wraps and started to wrap around his body. She stopped after two layers and said, "Ok all done" . Itzio gets up and smiles at her. Zivala puts the bandage wraps back into the first aid kit. She smiles back at him and she goes back into her tent. She exits her tent and Dakon says, "I'm going to hunt to get lunch this time. I'll be back in a hour" and with that he leaves. Itzio nods yes at Dakon. He then looke at Zivala and she holds her blue book in her right hand because she was planning to continue reading it. She walks towards Itzio and sat next to him on the left side because his sword and shirt is on his right side. Zivala asked, "Did your training go well today?" . Itzio nods yes and Zivala asked again, "Your training today was defense right?" . Itzio nods yes again but then he looks at her book because he is curious of what shes reading. Zivala lifts up her book and asked, "Your curious about what I'm reading?" . Itzio looks at her and nods yes. Zivala says, "This book is called 'One with the bow' . It's about a young woman who travels by herself around the world to become the best archer" . Itzio puts his hand on her shoulder and smiles. Zivala looks at him for a few moments and then giggles a bit. Itzio gets confused and Zivala says, "Its nothing. So are you ready to do your other training?" . Itzio looked confused for a second but then understood what she meant and he nods yes. Zivala stands up and says, "Let's head to the training grounds" .