Friday, August 23.

"Eli, sweetie, wake up." I hear my mothers voice interrupt my sleep, "It's time to go to school."

I groan and sit up. I stretch and then rub my eyes.

"Why do I have to get up so early again?" I ask.

"We need to enroll you, get you used to the area." She says.

I sigh and stand up, realizing I still don't know where anything is.

"Where's the bathroom again?" I ask.

"Next to you closet?" Mom says and walks off.

Right. I feel dumb. Since we've moved into our new house last week, I can only make my way around the house so much, I keep forgetting where everything is. I make my way to the bathroom and clean up, get dressed and brush my teeth. I walk out and straight down the hall, I make my way to the living room to sit on the couch.

"Well, lets go, love." She says.

"How come Jay isn't coming?" I ask.

"Because its midday. I've already enrolled him while you were busy sleeping here." She scorns.

I sigh and get up. I carefully examine where I'm walking to make sure I don't miss a step or trip over something. I walk to to the car and get in the passenger side. I buckle up and wait for my mom to get in the car so we can leave. As soon as we start leaving for the new school I'll be attending, I close my eyes but I don't drift off to sleep. The car ride took not even ten minutes. I could easily walk here in the morning. I yawn and unbuckle the seatbelt. I look at the school and am absolutely marveled by how big it is. Its the size of maybe two football fields and three stories tall.

"This is it?" I ask my mom, "This Hogwarts looking building is the school I'm going to?"

"Elijah, I appreciate the joke but we're going to have a lot to do." She says, "Come on, we have to go inside."

I sigh and get out of the car after she does. We walk into the office of the school. Its right at the main entrance. The hallways are long, probably the longest ones I've ever seen. There's even an elevator and two flights of stairs. I'm hoping most of my classes are on a single floor. It would be so much better than walking up and down two or three flights of stairs every day.

"We'll have you set in a while, love." Mom says, "I'm going to go talk to the principal right now."

I nod and sit on one of the chairs. I pull my phone out and put one earphone in. I see the doors we just walked in open, three people walk one. I don't pay any attention to them and go back on my phone.

"Sit down right there, Max. Carson, go sit over there." someone says.

They sound like an adult. Maybe it's a teacher. Someone sits down a few seats away from me.

"I don't understand why I'm here. I didnt fucking do anything." The person sitting closest to me says.

"You know exactly what the fuck you did, you asshole." Someone from across the room says.

"Boys, thats enough." The teacher says.

"He started it!" The person next to me says.

"Are you in fucking kindergarten?" The person furthest asks.

I try not to pay attention to them so I just sink further into my seat and scroll down my instagram feed.

"Carson, behave. Wait here until the principal sees you. You've already interrupted class enough, it's not the best if I stay here." The teacher says and walks out of the office.