Chapter One

We'll be the perfect family

HARRY

*DING*

I rushed out of my room and went into the living room.

"Mum, wake up." I said, shaking her.

"Mum, hurry, someones at the door!" After I had said that, she rushed up and fixed her hair by throwing it up into a "sophisticated" ponytail.

*DING*

The doorbell rang once again.

"Go get your sister while I answer the door." She commanded to me as she put a mint in her mouth to mask the scent of alcohol.

I ran upstairs and opened Gemma's door. As I opened her door a giant cloud of smoke came rushing out, almost smothering me. I coughed a few times before I spoke.

"Gem-" I was cut off mid-sentence.

" I know, move out of my way." She said as she sprayed on perfume and placed her lit cigarette on a full ash tray. She then hurriedly pushed past me.

"Harry Gemma, come say hello to the new neighbors!" Mum shouted from downstairs in her false cheerful voice.

"Coming!" We said in unison, putting on our faux happy demeanor.

As we walked down stairs I heard a soft female voice.

"Hello, I'm Johanna, but call me jay."

I forced a polite smile and introduced myself. "I'm Harry."

Gemma, my mum, and Jay started a conversation.

I heard someone clear their throat.

"Hi, I'm Louis." A short, curvy boy greeted with a soft angel-like voice.

"Hello." I greeted, holding out my hand for him to shake.

As we shook hands I felt something strange, yet wonderful. It felt like a spark of some sort.

I took a moment to take in his soft facial appearance. He had chestnut brown hair that was swooped across his forehead, with his full eyelashes, eyes that seemed to be the same shade as a Caribbean sea, and adorable pink thin lips.

"Oh, look at the time!" Jay pointed at her watch. "Louis, come on, we have to go." Jay said as I dropped my hand from Louis'.

"So soon?" Gemma and mum asked at the same time.

" Yes, Louis here has football practice." She said as she pointed to his practice uniform.

"Oh, okay then...Well have a nice day!" My mum said as she backed into the house.

"Thank you, you too!" Jay waved as she and louis walked towards their house.

My mum closed the front door, and walked into the kitchen. I knew where she was headed in the kitchen. Straight to the fridge. The fridge that rarely ever held edible food, but instead various types of alcohol.

"What are you still standing there for? Go upstairs!" She shouted as she came out of the kitchen with a can of beer.

And with that said, I went to my room and drifted off to the dream I've always had.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Hello, this is my first story so it sucks.

Just know that all this is FICTION

In this story Harry and Louis are 16.

I promise, it gets better!