6 - Young and inlove.

" So how was it? " Rami asked while munching on his fries. Joe looked up in horror as he stopped drinking his smoothie. " Being alone? " Rami asked looking at him confused. " What's wrong man you seem so off lately, I mean nothing new but still.. " He mumbled continuing to eat. " Yes, it was fun. " Joe said as he finished his drink. Only if Rami knew...

" Hello? " Ben asked as Joe let himself inside. " What? " Joe asked looking at the boy closing the door behind him. " You can't just knock on my door and then expecting I'm home to hang out. " Ben said folding his arms. " Well you are here aren't you? " Joe asked simply as that tilting his head in confusion. " I'm- well, " Ben stopped, scratching the back of his head. " yeah. " He finished. " But that still doesn't mean you can suddenly come over, what if I was with someone? " Ben asked walking over to Joe. " Would you be jealous? " Ben asked as he circled his arms around Joe's waist. " Not really. " Joe answered boringly. " Really? " The blonde asked knitting his eyebrows. " No. I'm in no place to have some kind of control over you. " The said boy confessed as he slightly tilted his head up. " That was cute. " Ben said smiling down at him. " Are you going to fuck me or- " Joe started but Ben cut him off by smashing their lips together. They got both cut off when a barking noise interrupted them both. " What? You have a dog? " Joe asked looking at the puppy sniffing his shortly before walking around him. " Ah yes- forgot to tell you.. " Ben said awkwardly looking down at the dog. " How many things did you not tell me yet? " Ben was surprised at the sudden hint of teasing in Joe's voice. " Well, I guess we both have things we still didn't tell huh? " Ben asked smiling as he stepped closer again. 

" Whatever, " Joe rolled his eyes. " Are we still gonna fuck or- " Ben cut Joe off again by grabbing his hand and walking to his bedroom laughing. Joe didn't know why he actually tried his best to keep his face neutral since he was really close to actually smile. 

Joe woke up first one Saturday morning and meandered to Ben's kitchen. He wasn't surprised to hear a quiet bark before he was joined by Frankie wagging his tail while sitting next to his feet. 

" I suppose you want to be fed? " Joe asked looking down at the dog. He swore he saw the dog nodding when he put down his glass of water and began to open up the cupboards in search for dog food. Why was it so hard to find dog food? Joe thought as he stood on his toes to have a clearer vision. " The food is on the top fridge. " A groggy voice startled Joe from the doorway. " I probably should consider putting it somewhere where average sized people could get it. "  Ben added, moving towards Joe before reaching atop the fridge and grabbing the dog food still having to stand on his toes a little bit. 

" We are literally the same height. " Joe deadpanned looking at the boy who opened the can. " And I know I'm short, it's okay to just say it.. " 

" Nah, you're perfect. " Ben responded just as casually, distracted with scooping food inside Frankie's bowl.

Joe just told himself that Ben was talking to Frankie.

It was around night time when Joe laid on his bed as he texted with Ben. He always had insomnia and didn't know how to keep his sleep schedule up but this time it was different. He wasn't awake because of the thoughts or trauma's floating through his head, no it was far from that. He actually stayed up to text with someone. Joe hated whenever he watched those movie's where the girl would be immensely in love with a boy and blush at whatever he said but when Joe read the following message he hated the fact that he could relate to the girls in the movie. He hated the heat creeping up on his cheeks.

Ben:

- i saw u actually smile today.

Joe was about to respond with an apology until he got another message followed by two other.

- Never stop doing that.

- it was cute

- i liked it

The days when Ben couldn't hang out sure were boring. He at least had Rami even though he was a lot of different than Ben. Rami would be crazy and blind if he didn't see the slightest change in Joe whenever he hung out with him. They decided to meet at the Cafeteria again after school and Rami's eyes widened as he heard a quiet but still melody come from Joe's direction. '' Did you just hum? '' Rami asked in horror looking at his friend looking up. '' What? No? '' Joe claimed as he continued on his phone. '' Those days alone sure were fun huh? '' Rami spoke up watching every move of his friend sitting infront of him. '' Yeah, they were. '' Joe softly said.

'' Joe. '' Rami said looking at him as if he just saw a ghost. '' Yeah? '' Joe looked up at Rami. '' You, '' He stopped not being sure if he just imagined it. '' You just smiled. '' Rami finished in shock. It had to be almost three years since he saw Joe really smile. '' No you didn't. '' Joe said continuing to talk about whatever. He knew he smiled, it was the only thing he kept doing secretly these days.