Wounded Memories

Peter, was one of Natsu's closest friend before he had taken into Fairy Tail by Master Makarov. Peter was like a brother to Natsu even though Peter wasn't a dragon slayer. He was found by Natsu one day spending his afternoon in the forest picking up berries. 

A rustle was made behind a wild black berry bush as young Natsu picks up a juicy red raspberry off of the other side of the bushes, dropping into his collection of berries. 

"Whose there?" Natsu said turning his head around scanning from the bushes to the tree tops and back to the bushes. 

"Ugh. That hurts." a voice said as Natsu approached to that voice and found out a boy about his age with black hair and some wounds from the fall looking straight at him. This was the first human have Natsu ever met since the day he woke up in the arms of his father, Dragoneel. Natsu moved away from the bushes and landed on his butt against a tree, given an expression of fear. 

"What's with you? Why are you here?" the boy asked standing up from where he is and walked closer up to Natsu. Natsu threw the basket of berries at him but it did nothing to hurt that boy. Natsu tried hard to move away but he was too afraid to budge away. The more the boy closes in on Natsu, the more Natsu's fire boiled up inside of his body. He was already prepared to breathe some fire out of his mouth. Just when the boy was just four feet away from Natsu, Natsu couldn't help it and ended up breathing a cannon fire ball at that boy. Luckily, he ducked fast enough before he becomes roasted chicken for Dragoneel's dinner. 

"Woah there! I'm not gonna hurt you." The boy said in a surprised tone. But he reached out to Natsu and gave out a warm smile that made Natsu feel comfort and warm. He took his hand and got up with a slightly strong pull from the boy. They smiled at each other. 

"My name is Peter." 

"I'm Natsu." Natsu replied picking up the berries back into the basket. Since then, they would always spend their days together, doing things together like best friends.

"I promise I won't leave you alone anymore. We're are brothers. And I will be here for you when you are in trouble. You can trust me." Peter assured Natsu. Natsu was touched by his kind words and replied.

"I won't leave you alone either Peter. I will always remember you." Natsu said giving Peter a slight punch on Peter's shoulder. Peter chuckled and punched Natsu on the shoulder as well. Just before Peter leaves for the day, Peter had warned Natsu that by dawn, he must return back home before his parents worry him. Natsu understands and agreed that they will meet up everyday. However, things  got twisted up the day Dragoneel had vanished. Peter was nowhere to be heard either for two days already. During those two days, Natsu had been searching for Dragoneel but knew he would come back for him one day and so Natsu changed his direction on searching for Peter instead.  

"Peter. Peter..." Natsu called out but his voice echoed back to him. Natsu was getting sad and shed out a couple of tears as he went his way through the tall trees that towered over him. Natsu called out once more to see if Peter would reply this time. 

"Peter!!" Natsu stumbled across the path that Peter takes to head back home. Natsu stopped and looked beyond where the path reaches. It was getting dark and it was hard to see what was beyond there, so Natsu decided to head down the path to explore what Peter's homeland was like. Sliding down the steep hill and landing on a solid ground, Natsu got even more curious on what this world of Peter's was. And so he marched his way down the path to his world. 

As Natsu draws near Peter's world, there was lights. Lights that looked like fireflies that flicker during summer nights back where Natsu had lived with Dragoneel. He remembered how Dragoneel and him would always try to see who caught the most fireflies. This thought made Natsu chuckle a little with a tear streaming down his warm face. He wiped it away and continued his walk. Before he stepped pass the line between his home and Peter's, he looked up towards his right to spot a huge sign with words scribbling on it. Natsu focused his eyes on it trying to read what it's saying.