Chapter 2

I came to bed a few minutes later and got in. Tomorrow is going to be special. I was getting the gut feeling and with this hope, I let the sleep conquer my thoughts.

I wake up on the beep of my alarm at 6. Kabir is still sleeping so I went on with brushing my teeth and daily chorus. I turn the tap on and let the hot water calm my muscles. Today is a big day and I have to drive long. I already have the road and route set in my mind. I just have to drive to my dream.

I step out of the shower and put on my clothes. The most comfortable yet formal top and blue jeans. I am just too excited to see the children all around me. The hallway was still silent so I assume that Kabir isn't up yet. I walk in the kitchen and decide to make some good breakfast for both of us.

I take some spices and boil the water for making poha. A sudden sound of the door from behind me caused me to jump. "Oh Kabir! You just scared me." I said, calming my heart. "Yeah, good morning to you too." He said and came closer to the counter.

He mocked a sniffing dog and said, "Delicious smell means a delicious breakfast. I'm hungry already."
I smile. "Almost ready." I take the plates and serve the warm poha.

"So Nandi, excited?" He asks. "Can't wait to see the children. I already have planned all the games that I will play with them." I reply, joining my palms together.

"I think you should take some chocolates with you. It will make them happy. Because they will need something to cool themselves down, you know, after seeing your face."

"Shut up you, pretty faced monster!"

"I am joking love. But you should take chocolates for them." He said.

"Okay. I will. Now go and get ready. You have to leave before me."

He gave me a cheeky smile and kept the plate in the sink before walking out of the room.

Pretty faced monster. He is, kind of. Those big brown eyes with long lashes and his pink lips with the bouncy quiff of his hair makes him look like a real life Aladdin. And the last time he grew his beard, I remember his Instagram being filled with comments from thousands of girls. He is really very good looking and gifted with toned body and broad chest.

He had always been the most popular guy at school and college. Always surrounded by millions of girls. Okay that's too much but almost half the college was after him. He had a big gang of friends and all the famous ones.

And the monster part, well, after coming home from late night parties, he look like one. Kabir loves partying and outing, especially with all his friends. He is not afraid of going wild, and a wild Kabir is a not-to-miss thing. He cracks jokes, flirty jokes mainly and acts like a kid. A super cute kid.

I really have no idea why he chose to be with me. Maybe because we are childhood friends and our parents know each other well. But I am completely opposite of him.

"Nandi I'm leaving." He sang from the door bringing me back to life. I put the last plate on its place and wipe my hands before waving him good-bye. "All the best. Bye." I said.

"You too." He exited and I close the door. For the hundredth time I check my bag and the details of the place and lock the door, walking towards the lift.

I started my car and soon, I was driving on the highway. The Mother Care orphanage is located on the outskirts of Jodhpur. So it must take me half an hour to reach. I had always loved children. Growing up as the only child has its own demerits.

Soon I reach the all white mansion. It has a big board hanging outside with a picture of a lady and a baby with the name of the orphanage written on it. On the inside, the lawn is converted in a little playground. Colourful swings and slides cover up the place and two little girls dressed in frocks were playing on them. I take my bag and kill the engine, heading inside.

"Hello there." I greet them, walking nearer. One of the girls in pink frock ran to hide behind the metal bars and the other one in green came towards me.

"Hi. Are you new here? And will you live with us too?" She asks softly. I grinned at her widely and bend down to reply, "I will not live here but I am going to play with you all." She gave me a huge smile and said, "I am Sana. And she is Mariyam."

She pointed towards the girl in pink frock. "She is my lookalike but nana calls her my twin." I laugh at her reply and introduce myself. "I am Nandini but my friends call me Nandi."
She gave me an innocent look and ask, "Can I call you that?" "Of course. You are my friend, Sana. Now, can I meet your nana?"

She got up and took my finger in her little palm, guiding me in the mansion. The door opens to an office with a board of 'reception' on it. There is nobody around.

"Nana? My new friend is there to meet you." Sana called out loudly.
A lady appears from behind me with an elderly and warm smile on her face. “Hello my dear. My name is Sejal, the manager here. How may I help you?" She asked from me.
"I am Nandini, from CARE."

"Aah yes. I am informed. So I see you are already welcomed by Sana." She said smiling at the little girl. "Let me guide you here until, Sana my love, please call the rest of your friends outside." Sana ran, jumping to some other rooms as Sejal gestured me towards the hallway.

There were few rooms with cute stickers and scribblings pasted on the door.

"These must be the kids' rooms." I say and she nod. "Yes. There are six rooms on the first floor. Five for the children and one for the caretaker, Maxi. She has just graduated. She lives here with us and looks after the youngest children. Sometimes, she also teaches some basics to the toddlers." We climb up the stairs and enter into another hallway.

"Here is the kitchen, dining hall and the rooms of our cook, my husband and I and a storage. They all must have gathered till now. Let us go to them." We came back in the lawn and I was greeted by nearly twenty kids. From age 1 to 11 years. A girl of my age, whom I assume is Maxi, was carrying a baby. There was an elder man and a woman standing next to her.

"She is Maxi and the baby in her hand is yet unnamed." Sejal said and Maxi gave me a cute smile. “He is my husband and she is our cook. And all of them comprise our family."
I stayed there talking and chatting with the children. And the best part was when I handed them a chocolate. The happiness on their faces nearly brought in tears.

I left the kids playing among themselves and talked about the place and my reports with Sejal and her husband. They are beautiful people and amazing enough to give shelter to all the kids who will probably never see their real parents again.

After a few hours with them, I bridge them goodbye and promising to come again tomorrow. I drove back to my home swiftly as I was very tired but too excited to tell about all this to Kabir.

"You should really have taken some photos with them." He said when I told him all about my day. We are lying on his bed and talking our sleep off. "I know but I forgot. I will, tomorrow."

"And by the way, Nandi, have you heard about that guy from that band you like? He is coming to India, like, next month." Kabir ask and I jolted.

"Who? Niall Horan? Or Harry Styles?"

"The second one. Styles."

"OH MY GOD Kabir I want to see him." I plead. "When is he coming?"

"I think, probably in the end of next month. And real great news for you, there are a few tickets left of his Jaipur concert." He said, smiling at me and taking his laptop.

"This sounds just like a dream. Oh! You are not joking, right?" I try to sink the fact that Harry Styles is coming to India in.

"Not at all Nandi. Take a look at this." He tilts the laptop towards me. "The Delhi concert, Mumbai concert and Bengaluru concert are sold out. There are just few seats left at the Kolkata and Jaipur concert. Like some 27-28 left."

It hit me quick and I said, "What if I book 20 seats instead of one."

"For whom? I guess you are not inviting all your family and friends, right?" He ask, confused.

"No, I was thinking about taking those kids from the orphanage."

"Believe me Nandi, I have never seen a person as sweet as you. That is amazing" He hugged me and I hugged him back.

"Okay. So I will talk to Smith and the manager tomorrow and we will all go together." I said jumping out of happiness.

"That is really amazing love. You must sleep now. You have to work again tomorrow. Good night." He said and I exited the room.

Hash! It is going to be a big day again.

____________________________________

Author's note:

I can't believe I wrote this long of a chapter. I hope this is not boring or stupid.
If you like it, please comment and vote and encourage me to write more.
All the verryyyy loveeee.
Manshi xx.