Chapter 22

Harry's POV:

Our flight would depart at 11am but we arrived at the airport a lot earlier. Mum said she wanted to go like an ordinary person so I had to put on a fake moustache and shades.
Gemma had been laughing at me since she saw me in this look.

I went near the welding machine to take a juice and looked at my reflection. Well, I looked funny though. I came back and bumped on the seat next to Gemma, gave a deep thought about informing her, and then spoke.

"Gems?" She looked at me.
"I needed to talk." She kept her phone down and turned towards me.
"What is it?" I took a deep breath knowing that this is going to create anxiety in me.

"We will face some problems during our stay. Well, Nandini is not home and neither is she happy. I am afraid; this is going to be hard." I told what I felt that moment.
"Harry, love, tell me exactly what is it." She sounded calming.

"Okay so Nandini had some problems with her roommate and she left the house. Now she has taken another house for rent but I think seeing us will only increase her burden." I sighed.

"I will surely talk to this roommate." I cursed under my breath.
Gemma stared at some distance and then spoke, “Who told you we will increase her burden?"
I looked up at her and she gave a smile.

"Honey, at this time, she would need help. In arrangements and other updates. We are just decreasing the pressure of arranging the house. And, you can sing Carols to make her happy. That's why you are here." She patted my back and I let out a grin.
Yes, I need to make her happy.

"So what are we gonna do?" I asked her, since she has more brain in this stuff than me.

"Let's plan it out. It's still a surprise right?" She asked.

"Yes. We have her friend Maxi who might help us. She was the one who informed me about it." I told.

"Okay. You said she doesn't have holiday today and tomorrow, right? So we'll ask Maxi to join us once we've reached there and then we'll help her do the stuff before Nandini comes back. And oh! I need to buy a gift for her too." She got up cheerfully.
"Okay let me talk to her." I took my phone out.

"So I'll take mum with me and explain her on the way. Tell me what you talked okay?" I nodded and she left.
I dialled Maxi's number and within two rings, she picked up.
"Hello?"

"Hey Maxi can I get the updates?"
"Yeah. We finalized the deal and it's a two-room house with all furniture and appliances available. She said she will decide the rest later and right now she's in her office. Where are you?"

"We're at the airport, flight on time so we'll reach there till morning of 24th."

"Tomorrow morning, okay. She will spend tonight with me though. What have you decided?"

"We would like you to guide us to her new house. We will stay there. And don't worry about the other stuff, I'll arrange them."

"That would be okay. Nandini will bring most of her things on her way and before going to office tomorrow, she will drop them at the new house."

"Fine. Will work for us. See you tomorrow."

"Okay, bye Harry."

I hung up the phone and went in search of Gemma and mum.
I found them in looking at some sweaters in a shop.

"Not decided yet?" I asked as I approached them.

"This or that purple one?" Mum held a red sweater with a scarf in her hand and pointed to a same kind of purple one.

"The red one." I said, of course I was pretty.
"I hope this is the correct size." Gemma looked at me and I forced my brain to think.

"I guess, yes. Nandini once told me that Maxi is an athletic student, not taller than her. So this must fit in." I recalled.

We completed the payments and went back to our bags. It was nearly time and the passengers started getting in so we followed.

I showed my boarding pass to the air hostess and received a questioning look from her. "But sir, you-" I pulled the fake moustache enough to show her and took my shades off.
"Oh. I get it. You may go sir."
She gave a smile and let me go.

I found my seat and got comfortable and finally pulled the moustache and kept it in my pocket. I decided to watch a movie and decided on 'The Notebook'. Not long with the film, I fell asleep.

Nandini's POV:

Maxi gave me one of her outfits to wear to the office till the time I get my stuff shifted.

I sat on my desk thinking about how I will complete all the shifting before New Year, or even before Christmas. I had payed the rent of the new house and I kinda liked it. It was a two-room house with a nice kitchen and big bathroom. It was bright with big windows but felt a bit empty.

Maybe because I had nothing there of mine except the bag I brought with myself. I gave an extra key of the house to Maxi because she insisted to.

I was still feeling strange as my work hours came to an end and I kept the file I was working on aside.

I had brought the keys of once ours now Kabir's house so that I can bring my things without being able to see him. I did not fear him but he gave me a sense of insecurity which I don't think will go off soon.

I don't want to be seen by anyone. I never know who else is spying on me.

I don't want that feeling again.
I took my bag and quickly went to my car, avoiding everyone. I drove off as soon as possible as I had nearly two hours before Kabir would come back. I hope he went to work today.

I pulled in the driveway and didn't find his car. I jogged to the flat and opened the door with the keys I had.
I entered the house and saw the mess inside. Everything was on the floor, shattered and broken. Either he busted off of anger or a house party. I prefer both.

I went to my room and saw everything untouched. All of my stuff was left as they were.

I glanced at the time and set a timer for thirty minutes and switched it on.

I opened the cupboard, took the big suitcase out and started filling everything in. I emptied the cupboard in a few minutes and then ran down with the suitcase and kept it in the car.

I ran back up and picked every other thing belonging to me and ran back down again to throw them in the car.
This time I came back a little tired but emptied all of the shelves containing my books or stuffed animals and frames. One picture broke my flow there. It was taken on our graduation day. Kabir and I were standing together with all our friends with the biggest smiles on our faces. We were truly happy.

I left that picture there and picked up the rest of the things as my alarm beeped. Yes! Work Done!

I went down and filled the passenger seat with the remaining stuff and came back up.

"Last round" I reminded myself. I set the alarm again for thirty minutes and cleaned all the dishes as fast as I can. I swept the floor; kitchen, hall and the rooms and threw all the broken pieces of the vases and frames.

I arranged the house for the last time and stood at the door looked at the work I did. "Proud of you." I mumbled to myself, took my phone and locked the flat.

If I am never returning here again, I must leave the place as I wanted to see it for the last time.

I pushed the keys inside from the gap between the door and the floor, reminding myself that I don't have anything left here and I don't have to come back.

Everything was done; I sighed and sat in the car, driving to my new home.

____________________________

A/N:
My pre-board 2 is over and this marks my last day in the school.
I am not so emotional as I thought I would be. It's all going good and I hope it will stay this way.

Happy weekend.

All the happiness and love.