Part 2: The Train

After the reaping, the guards took the tributes to a separate room to say goodbye to their loved ones.

Luna waved goodbye to her mom and dad. Thinking they would be alone scared her. Thinking their pride and joy would be gone from their lives scared the crap out of her. The person she had now was Valencia.

Meanwhile, Valencia's mother and her sister and brother came in. "We will miss you mi hija," said her mother.

"Me too mama, te amo," Valencia said.

"Valiiiii," squealed her little sister. She was only five. "Nooo, don't go. I don wan you to goooo," she cried, hugging Valencia's knees.

"May the odds be ever in your favor," smirked her older brother in a Capitol accent. "I'll miss you hermanita," he said, hugging her.

The guards pulled the tribute's parents away from them and put the tributes into the trains. The girls looked back at the town they had known. A town they would leave forever.

Once they got on, Valencia and Luna started talking. "How is your family taking it?" she asked her.

"They're scared as s**t. They think they capitol will kill their last child. They lost my brother in district 13."

"Oh, you're an only child. I have a younger sister and older brother," Valencia said.

"Wow you are so sympathetic," Luna said. She walked over to the seats and sat in one. "Do you think that we will live?"

"Well, only one of us makes it out alive," Valencia replied, sitting next to her.

"I'm not that skilled so it probably won't be me," Luna muttered.

"I've had some training, with my mother since she was in the war. We thought it would continue longer, so she taught me when my conscription came," explained Valencia.

"Well may the odds ever be in your favor," Luna said in a crisp capitol accent, "But do you want to be allies? I think there is that sort of thing in this."

"Sure, promise me, we will not kill each other until the time comes," Valencia put her hand out to seal the promise.

Luna shook Valencia's hand. "Deal."

~~~~

Valencia stared out the window. "I think we're halfway to the Capitol by now," she murmurs.

"Ok," Luna replied, "I've been here before, you know, to ship things."

"My District is really poor, so, I've never been," Valencia sighed.

"You'll be amazed, I was, even though I saw the outskirts," Luna said.

"Nice," Valencia replied.

The girls saw some amazing buildings and towers worn down from the bombs but it had amazing scenery.

Valencia stared in awe because it looked as if though the city was shining.

Luna and Valencia changed and they went out of the train to greet the capitol people for the first ever Hunger Games.