Three.*

Diego stared at his phone the next morning. Did he tell Bellona? He had only known her for two days. But he didn't want her wondering why he wasn't texting back as fast as normal. But maybe she would think he was ditching her because that sounds like a lame reason someone would use to ghost someone.

"Diego, dear, are you okay?" Grace asked.

"Yeah Mom, I'm just debating whether I should tell this girl about dad," he confided in her.

"Will your dad dying interrupt communicating with her?" Mom asked.

"Probably," Diego shrugged.

"I would call her and tell her," she suggested.

"I will, thank you Mom," Diego smiled.

"You're welcome, Diego."

"Hey Diego," Belle answered on the second ring.

"Hey Belle," Diego sighed, instantly feeling better.

"What's up, you sound different?" she asked. It was crazy how she could already tell after two days.

"My dad died last night," Diego said simply.

"Is this an oh no situation, because I remember you saying you hated him last night."

"Not an oh no situation, I just know I'll be spending more time with my family and I didn't want you to think I was ditching you," Diego explained.

"No problem, spend time with your family. I'm sure at least one of them liked your dad," Diego thought of Luther and rolled his eyes. "If you want me to come over or something to talk just let me know, okay," she offered.

"Okay, I got it. See you later, Belle."

"See you later, Diego."

Diego really didn't want to deal with his family. He knew it would end badly.

And end badly it did. He and Luther got into a fight, Luther broke Ben's statue, Diego cut Luther, he made Vanya feel bad about something she couldn't control, and now he was driving Klaus around, listening to him mumble about food.

Once he dropped his dad's monocle in the river he got back in his car. Why did Mom have his monocle?

"Diego, thank you for joining us, we have decided on, drum roll, waffles," Klaus said. Diego looked in the rearview mirror and only saw Klaus, so he knew he was on something, which wasn't new.

"I'm gonna drop you off at the bus stop.I gotta get back to work," Diego said and started his car.

"What, breaking bones and cracking skulls?" Klaus asked.

"Saving lives, baby," Diego corrected.

"Well, I guess it's frozen waffles again," Klaus said to himself.

Diego did not expect to be tased at Griddy's donuts. "You don't talk to my witnesses, understand?" Detective Eudora Patch asked. She and Diego had dated while they were in the police academy before Diego got kicked out. 

"Let me catch you up to speed,Eudora," Diego said and noticed he didn't get the tingly feeling he normally got around her. He got that feeling with Bellona now.

"Don't call me that!" she hissed.

And that's how Diego spent the night at the police station. 

Once he was outside with Detective Patch he got his scolded for interfering. 

"You need to relax, Eudora," Diego said as he pulled his phone out and read a text from Belle.

'Just checking in, let me know how you're doing, okay? <3'

"Don't call me that," Patch said and snatched his phone out of his hand. "I'm talking to you." She glanced at the phone and paused. "Are you dating someone?"

"We went on a few dates," Diego said and snatched his phone back. "Jealous?"

"No, I'm just happy you're over me," Patch smiled and Diego gave her a blank look. "Does she know what you do at night?"

"Patch, don't," Diego warned.

"I won't say anything, but if you get in my way again I won't be happy," she said and raised an eyebrow.

"You wouldn't," Diego said in disbelief. Patch just shrugged and walked towards the police station. "That's blackmail!" he yelled after her and she waved to him before entering the building.

Diego huffed and walked to Belle's house. She was actually home when he got there, which made him happy.

"Hey Diego, what's- mmph," he cut her off by locking their lips and picking her up and pushing her against the wall. "Hello to you too," she breathed as they broke apart. "You seem angry."

"Frustrated," Diego grunted and went back to kissing her. "You make me feel better."

"Awww," Belle cooed and Diego rolled his eyes and carried her to her room. Diego didn't even bother taking off his pants, just pushed them down his thighs as Belle took off her shorts and threw a condom at him.

Diego took no time in burying himself in the beautiful girl under him. Maybe having sex to get his frustration out wasn't a good idea, but Belle didn't seem to care. She was getting something out of this too, he thought, so it wasn't for nothing.

But Diego couldn't stop kissing her pretty mouth and neck as he pumped in and out of her at a steady pace. He reached between them started to rub her clit in circles. Belle arched up into him, pressing her body into his. 

"Cum for me, baby," Diego growled into her ear and she did just that, screaming his name. Diego couldn't hold himself together and came with her, groaning into her neck.

Diego rolled off of her and just lay there to catch his breath.

"You're wearing a harness and leather pants," Belle commented, looking up at the ceiling. "May I ask why?"

"You can, but I don't know if I'll answer," Diego said truthfully.

"I just won't ask then," Belle shrugged. Diego gave her a small smile. "Wanna go to my place? I can make you lunch." Patch was right, maybe she did need to know about what really happened when he was younger, and he could do that best at his place.

"I'd like that."