Four.

Diego sighed when he noticed some hair that wasn't his by his door. He turned to Belle and placed his hands on both of his upper arms. "Can you go to the store across the street and grab some drinks? I just remembered all I have is water and we're gonna need something stronger," Diego asked and pulled out his wallet, handing Belle $40.

"Sure," she shrugged and turned back around. "Whisky?" she called over her shoulder.

"Please," Diego answered before cracking his door and throwing a knife through.

"Ow! What the--"

"I could smell it was you," Diego sneered.

"What the hell? You could have killed me," Luther said.

"If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead," Diego quipped.

They were silent for a moment. "It's a nice place," Luther said lamely,

"I like it," Diego shrugged.

Luther asked why Diego hadn't just told them he was fighting the night their dad died. Really he hadn't, those posters had been made too early, just assuming he would win the fight he did. Diego told Luther he didn't need to prove his innocence to him, and could he please leave?

A minute after Luther left, Belle returned with a handle of whiskey. He snatched it out of her hand and took a few swigs straight from the bottle, hissing when he lowered it.

"Bad day?"

"You have no idea," Diego sighed. "Here, I'll make some tacos," he said and led her to the kitchen area. Belle sat at the table on her phone, occasionally sipping the whiskey while Diego cooked.

"These are really good," Belle said through a mouthful. Diego just hummed as he ate his food. "What's up, you're not acting like yourself," Belle asked and put her food down.

"Um, I have some stuff to tell you," Diego said and turned to face Belle fully. "My name is Diego Hargreeves and I was part of the Umbrella Academy when I was younger. Number 2. I was born to a mom that wasn't pregnant before she had me and sold me to a horrible man, basically. I was trained to be a superhero. I can throw knives at any angle and hit my target. I can hold my breath forever. And if you want to be in my life I figured you should know."

"Want to be in your life?" Belle asked, perking up.

"I just told you my biggest secret and you're more excited about the fact I asked you to be my girlfriend?" Diego asked in disbelief.

"Diego, you can't change your past. It's a part of you, as much as it sucked. But you just asked me to be a part of your life now, and now is what matters," Belle said and grabbed his hand. "Maybe I can help you deal with all the fucked up shit that happened to you," she shrugged.

"I'd like that," Diego whispered and kissed Belle.

"So show me the knife thing," she said as they got back to eating their food. Diego pulled a knife from his harness and threw it to his left, but meant for it to hit the wall in front of him. Belle turned around and looked for the knife. When she didn't see it she looked at him and he nodded to the wall where his knife was stuck.

"Sick," Belle said as she stared at the knife. "I think it'd be cool to have a power," she said.

"It's not all it seems," Diego said and picked up their dirty plates. "I have to go back to the Academy now though."

"Can I go?" Belle asked and bounced on the balls of her feet.

Diego gave her a look and she deflated. "I'd really rather you not meet all the crazy people in my family," Diego said and pulled her close. "Maybe once things calm down," he kissed the top of her head.