It's gonna be alright - Chapter 4°

➪ ➪➪ Add to your Library

➪➪➪ Vote

Jeff's words were stuck in my head , playing over and over again , a few minutes before I came. I was relieved even satisfied, with the idea that we're staying here only for a couple of months and now they come and fucking say that ?

Where did this decision come from ?

" You can't be serious , right ? I..I mean you guys promised me that our stay here was temporar, you..you know damn well you can't go back on that promise ! Do you realize what I have to live with every single day ? " by now I was stuttering, chomping on my lower lip .

" Of course we do honey , we're her fo..." Jeff said and I cut him off before he gets to finish his sentence " NO YOU DON'T ! I get to wake up everyday with pain , memories flooding around me of that damned day when I was burned alive ,I wake up every day remembering the moment you found me laying on that grass , filthy and damaged . I wake up everyday and I remember that my family doesn't know that I even exist and then I realize that so does everybody else !

Do you know how it feels like knowing that your parents get to stare at an empty gravestone re-reading the words R.I.P ALEX STONE thinking that you're laying there in peace while it's all a big fat lie , because I won't ever rest in peace my life has never been peaceful 'cause I'm right here not dead . I'm alive or so as it appears, but of course no one knows that because why ? I'm dead to them and you two are the only people that know that , I wake up everyday to faces I've only met a few months ago , knowing that I'm never going to be surrounded by my real ones again. Well it's fucking hard , I get to pass by my Best friends and the people I once knew everyday without them recognizing me even a little bit because I had to change my damn look and face . Don't get me wrong I'm really grateful for everything you've done to me , you're too kind and i'm not your real daughter , I don't even understand why do you keep treating me in such a great way ! and you know what's the hardest thing to do ?

It's that I see the one person that I love the most wasting his life on smoking , drinking and whatnot , because dealing with reality is too hard for him to wrap his head around it, because he thinks that he lost me forever and I don't get to finally tell him how much my love for him is big because he sees me as the new girl who caught him getting a blow job in the supplies room . You see these are the consequences I get to live with because of my stupid decision ! Do you understand now ? " I finish not realizing the tears slipping down my face , as Sue takes me in her arms running her hand through my back .

" shh...shh it's okay dear it's okay. I promise you everything's going to be alright ! We'll find a way I swear, you know even if you don't consider us your parents you'll always be our daughter we love you so much " Sue says while I bury my head in her neck .

" I..I'm re...really sorry.. " and with that I leave and get back in my room and peel my clothes off tossing them in my hamper as I get to the shower before getting dressed . My hair felt so wet as I brush it out after I got out of the shower . I put my pyjamas shorts on and a plain white t-shirt .

Turning the lights off , once I get in my bed , I set my alarm on and I already find myself thinking about my second day of school . I finally get lost in deep thoughts and am able to drift off in deep sleep thinking about what's coming if I do close my eyes..

°°°°°°

Beep Beep !

Beep Beep !

My eyes are burning of lack of sleep as I wake up the next morning , yesterday I couldn't quite sleep well ,while I kept thinking how screwed up and messy my life became and then the nightmares started again .. I swung my legs over the side of the bed , yawning as I walked over the closet and got dressed up for school . I quickly went through my morning routine and put my hair into a tight bun .