Ash and Dust

The power goes out and everyone is screaming. The power then turns back on "rolling blackouts" I respond to it. "Lets just get to the truck before it happens again". We exit the store and feel stuff falling on us and it wasnt rain or snow... It looked like snow from the lights but it felt like hail. It was ash and it wasnt like the ash from a fire. "Miles comes running at us and shows us a huge peice of ash he found. "Dang that's big" I say. "Alright lets head home and try to beat the traffic" my dad says. "There's a car on fire" I point out. "In just a few hours the world is already in chaos" Miles states. "Wait a few days it will get much worse". "Im going to cut through here" My dad says. "Hold on" he speeds up and cuts through from the side. "Sweet we made it through" I say. So many cars were damaged and had lost traction due to the ash everywhere. As we get to the street we live on people were packing up everywhere and leaving to my guess is south. Some people were staying to wait it out like some of my friends living in the neighborhood. But us smart ones didn't want to take any chances. What we didn't factor in what the volcanic winter who knows how cold it would get. "As we pull into our driveway I catch Dylan and hand him a walkie talkie. We lived in a condominium and alot of people had left already with notes on their doors saying that we were free to take anything. I went in them alone and grabbed what I could like blankets food and other essentials. I walk into another apartment and I found a box full of movies "I must cherish these" I say. I take my haul back to my house and as I walk down stairs I hear footsteps. I was too late as I was going down stairs and and ran into a person. It was Thor he was in here too. Apparently he was heading to the Florida keys with Dylan. I bid him farewell and went home. "We are sleeping here tonight" my dad says. "Ok well I'll keep watch" Miles says. "I'm sleeping on the couch" I say. And as I lay on the couch I instantly doze off.