Chapter 5 - Galra Child

The moment the howls, and screams began to echo around the Castle, everyone was worried and scared, and the young Paladins were absolutely terrified. Whatever it was had taken down the Black Lion, who needed to recover from a serious injury on her flank. Krolia was protecting Hunk, Lance, Pidge and Allura is the Control Room, while everyone else was searching for the intruder.

"K-Krolia... what's going to happen to Keith?" Hunk asked, tugging on her hand. He was clutching his plush toy tight, and tears were falling from his eyes. "He's going to be alright, right?"

"Of course he is. And don't you worry about the intruder, I'll protect you." 

Everyone huddled up close to Krolia for protection when loud banging and laser gun shots started to be heard not far from the Control Room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The intruder wasn't very big, but whatever or whoever they were... they had easily stopped the Lions in their tracks. It was hard to keep an eye on them as soon as they had gone from the scene, and as soon as Shiro got there, he left with the remaining four Lions in his arms. The laser shots must've been them. 

"What happened to you?" he whispers to no one, running to the Pods where the Black Lion was also held. Being a live cat made them capable of being healed by the Pods... but it was slower than a human or another alien. 

-----------------------------------------

A few dobashes (minutes) later, Shiro was tracking Cosmo's movements with help over the intercom's from Coran. The wolf was leading him towards the culprit. 

"You need to head towards the Paladins' bedrooms. It's where he's going."

Is it looking for something? Shiro thought for a moment, stopping on Coran's mark at Keith's door. Keith's Room... why here?

And as soon as he opens the door, there is Cosmo, sleeping with a small Galran child who was crying in their sleep. And he was wearing Keith's clothes, and holding his Blade. Cosmo raised his head to face Shiro, and sleepily yawned and placed his head on top of the Galra Child. He protested, but didn't wake or try to move Cosmo's head.

So Shiro had to call Coran for back up moving Cosmo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was definitely Keith... the child kept shying behind Shiro if Cosmo wasn't around. The Lions were still recovering, but they seemed to have calmer faces... especially Red and Black. Whenever one of the other Paladins approached him, Keith would back away and hide. He was scared of the others... but he was actually scared of hurting them. Less so, it seemed, around Shiro or Cosmo. He didn't like anyone else getting near him.

"Keith, it's alright. They're not going to hurt you." 

"But I might hurt THEM." he kept saying in response. 

Until the Lions were released from the pods, and Black and Red schemed to get him to talk to another Paladin... and Hunk was their best option... and hope. 

So when it was lunch-time, they got Hunk to cook something that smelled so good, that it would definitely attract Keith's attention. And it did, and he hesitantly made his way around the Castle, and backed immediately away when he saw Hunk in the kitchen. A lot of kids liked to pinch a good snack, that's what Black and Red were relying on to get him to go close to the Kitchen. And it worked, and they shoved him in and closed the door behind them.