The Abilities

Cambions could never gain as much power as their demon parent.

Although some have large amounts of power compared to bloodlines that have been diluted by human blood, the Abilities take longer to manifest than those of a regular demon, or an incubus (or succubus) of some sort.

Because Kyran was a Cambion Demon, he gained a limited amount of power, presenting him with three Abilities that he knew of so far. These abilities being: telekinesis, being able to project an image, speech or memory into one's mind; and placing a charm on another person.

The Telekinesis allowed Kyran to do things with his mind: as such as locking a door, or breaking one's phone into small pieces at just the thought of it.

The Charm had proven to be a new Ability, however. The kiss Ciara and Kyran had shared was tainted with a drug, a love drug. The charm had worked on Ciara as well as Kyran had hoped. Whilst she had Kyran's memory of his mother's murder playing out through her head, he had pieced together the parts of his power that allowed him to 'unlock' the Ability, and crafted the perfect way to make her fall in love with him: momentarily.

The Charm had one simple price to pay: the guilt of it's creator. Kyran had laid on the floor asking simply if Ciara had believed him, and he was crying half from the shame of the Charm, half from the shame of having tried to kill her.

The Charm would wear off, and the person it had been placed on wouldn't know they'd been tricked, and would wake up knowing what they did while under it's influence. Whether or not they'd regret their actions was a decision they'd have to make for themselves, but the past could not be undone.

*****

Kyran sat with small blonde girl, in the dream. She wore a veiled white dress with flower cut outs at the bottom, and she smiled whilst he talked. A tall man walked hastily down the path, and picked up his son by the arm, hauling him to his feet. He had sharp features that his son had inherited, and piercing, restless eyes that could kill man with single glance.

"Son," Kyran's father called out. "You mustn't play with those who cast us out."

"Daddy, Eleanor is my friend. I like her, she's nice to me. Mummy always told me that--"

"Don't speak about your mother," The man snapped with an angry tone to his voice.

"She taught you the wrong ways, Kyran. With me, you'll learn the right."

"Why can't he play with me, mister?" The small girl tugged at the grey cuffs of the man's trousers. "I'm nice! Really nice. Mummy says I'm a good little angel, she does! She says sometimes that I'm probably the nices--"

The man turned to the small child with a look of fury. "Your mother's wrong," he spat. "She doesn't deserve a winged child."

"Winged child?" Kyran asked.

"Can't you see her wings?"

 It was true. From the child's shoulder blades grew two elegant wings, like those of a dove. The wings were small, as she was only six. An angel's wings would grow as their body did, never looking out of proportion.