What Was That?!

Lucy was ready to have her baby in no time. Emmet set up the baby room 2 months ago, just after the baby shower. Emmet looked at Lucy. She was still asleep. Her belly was large. Emmet was very nervous but very excited. He got up and dressed into his construction outfit. He didn't want to go to work anymore because he didn't want to leave Lucy alone, not in days like these. Emmet walked to the bathroom. He brushed and combed his hair. After that, he had accidentally opened the door next to the bathroom. It was the baby's room. Emmet decided to go in and look at what was coming. The crib was full of pink blankets and that teddy bear laying in there. A rocking chair was set next to the crib. The whole room was decorated of pink glitter, thanks to Unikitty. Pastel pink was added to the room, from Mayhem. They were the ones that really gave a lot of decorations. The rest of the guests at the baby shower gave toys, diapers, and bottles. They were much useful than glitter and a large sign that read, "Baby's Room: Do not disturb", which was given by Batman. Him and his shape-shifting wife gave a gift to them after their honeymoon. It was that large pink and blue sign. Emmet still appreciated it, since they didn't come to the party and were still thoughtful to get a gift.
Emmet left the room, which was going to be used a lot in no time. He walked to the kitchen. He figured that he wasn't going to make something. He was going to buy something. He went to the room, kissed Lucy, and left the house.
Emmet liked the way everyone was today. Everyone was happy, like always. He walked down the streets and bumped into Benny.
"Oh hi Emmet!", he greeted. Mayhem smiled.
"Oh! How is Lucy? She should be ready in no time.", Mayhem added.
"Oh Lucy. She's good. The baby is almost ready.", Emmet answered. Mayhem and Benny squealed of excitement.
"Oh I can't wait. Have you named her yet?", asked Mayhem. The trio began to walk together to the cafe.
"Uh, no. We haven't even thought.", Emmet answered.
"What? Emmet, it's getting late. That baby will come in no time.", Mayhem insisted. This made Emmet scared.
"No! Don't remind me." Emmet closed his eyes in worry.
"Don't stress him, baby. He's doing what he can.", Benny told Mayhem. They walked into the Happyville Cafe. It was crowded and happy. Cute couples on dates and other people with coffees and cakes. Benny and Mayhem went to a table while Emmet ordered. He ordered a unicorn hot chocolate for Mayhem, a blue and white latte for Benny, and a cup of coffee with whipped cream for him. He brought the drinks to the table.
"Thanks Emmet. Oh my favorite.", Mayhem commented. She and Benny toasted their drinks.
"Cheers", they said and began to slurp their warm drinks. Emmet smiled nervously and began to drink the coffee. Emmet looked at a happy young couple sitting across from them. They were about the ages of 16-19. They ate their muffins and toasted their hot chocolates. They talked about how much they cared for each other. They leaned on the table and kissed on the lips. Emmet remembered when he came on a date with Lucy in this cafe. It was before they were engaged. They drank their smoothies and talked about their lives and all the crazy adventures they had together. It was a good day. Who would have thought that now he and Lucy were married and expecting a baby?
"Hey Emmet. You're going to be late.", Benny warned. He and Mayhem were almost done with their drinks, while Emmet only drank a small amount. He gasped.
"Oh my. Better run!", Emmet yelled. He swallowed all of the coffee and ran out of the cafe, accidentally knocking down a little girl's triple scoop milkshake. She began to cry. The parents of the girl became furious as everyone in the cafe watched what happened.
"Excuse me, sir! Get back here!", yelled the angry father. Emmet didn't listen and ran out of the cafe. The furious family pushed the stroller the girl was on and followed Emmet. Mayhem and Benny watched what happened and ran after them.
Emmet ran down the street. He ran so fast that he slipped on a puddle and knocked down an ice cream cart. The ice cream seller went from cheerful to furious. All of the ice cream was spilled all over the floor.
"Hey you better pay for this!", yelled the man. The man was met with the furious family with the crying girl.
"That man knocked your cart? Yeah. He knocked our daughter's $8 milkshake! Let's get him!", yelled the dad. They all ran after Emmet, including Mayhem and Benny. Unikitty caught an eye of Mayhem and Benny running in the sidewalk.
"Oh hi Mayhem!", she greeted. Mayhem didn't hear.
Oh, it must be serious. I better follow, Unikitty thought. She followed after them. Emmet finally ran into the construction site. His buddies noticed.
"Oh hi, Emmet. What happened?", asked one of his co-workers. Emmet inhaled until he caught his breath.
"I'm good. Now what's happening?", asked Emmet. Suddenly, the angry ice cream vendor and the family caught up to him. All of Emmet's buddies stared.
"Hey man! Yeah you with the messy hair! You owe us a new milkshake!", demanded the mother. The girl still cried.
"And you better pay me for the knocked ice cream cart!", yelled the ice cream vendor. Emmet gasped. Benny, Mayhem and Unikitty caught up to see what was happening. This only added more tension into the situation.
"Guys, I'm so sorry. I was running late.", Emmet begged for an apology. The people still looked mad. Emmet became upset. He didn't need anymore stress added into this moment. He had to say something.
"Look everyone! I have a lot going on! A new project, bills to pay for, and my wife and I are expecting a baby!", yelled Emmet. Everyone wasn't mad anymore.
"What else would come in my way-" A loud noise interrupted the scene. Everyone in the city got quiet. Everyone stopped what they were doing.
"Ugh, what's happening?", asked Benny. Everyone looked around. The loud noise got closer. It sounded like some loud footsteps. Then some screams roared in the city. Frightened citizens ran into shelter. Emmet and his friends looked around. Then they saw it. A large robot like mech was stomping all over the city. People screamed and ran. Children cried. Senior citizens were helped by police to the nearest shelter.
"We have to run! Let's go to the flower shop!", yelled Mayhem. Benny, Unikitty, Emmet, and Mayhem ran to the store. That is until Emmet remembered someone.