Chapter Two

He took me back to the same room I was in before. The woman glanced anxiously at me as the man tossed me onto the bed and handcuffed my wrist to the metal headboard.

"Please don't run again.  We really don't need to piss off our Alpha for a second time today." It was the same woman from when I first woke up.

"Where am I?" It came out weaker than I wanted.  She smiled softly.  "In Oregon." 

My eyes widened. I lived in Idaho.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Selena, pack doctor."

"I don't know what that means."
She frowned and scratched the back of her neck. 

"Its complicated sweetie.  Horace will have to explain that." 

      I just stared at her.
"Why did you kidnap me?" 

"Sweetie we didn't kidnap-"

"You didn't kidnap me?"  I interrupted.  "YOU DIDN'T KIDNAP ME??"  My voice rose with each word.  

"You snuck into my house.  You knocked me unconscious and then took me from my home and won't let me leave!  How is that not kidnapping??" 

       "I think I should bring Horace back in here.  He'll answer your questions.....maybe." With that she left the room.  I glanced around the room. 

The curtains were drawn closed.  A desk was against the far wall with a clock above it. 

1:32pm. 

My heart sank. 

   I continued scanning and saw an ensuite to my left and double doors to the left of that, probably a closet.  There were no pictures on the walls. No homey rugs.  And it was all decorated in deep blues and grays. Had to be a man's room. 

I needed to get out of here.  I didn't hear voices or footsteps. Maybe I could break the post or something.  I stared tugging and pulling. Trying to get it to budge at all. I had to hurry.

*  *  *

I didn't pay attention to how much time had past, but my wrist was throbbing. After all the tugging the skin was rubbed raw and started bleeding.  Still I kept trying until the door slammed open.  There stood the same man from earlier.  Nostrils flared and eyes wide. 

"What do you think you are doing?!"  I flinched at how loud he was. Does the guy never talk normally? 

He rushed over at an unusual speed and grabbed my arm.

"Desist NOW!"  He yelled in my face. Spit coming out and landing on my cheek.

This only made me want to get away faster. I pulled harder, cutting deeper into my wrist. 

     His face seemed to darken more with rage.  Selena ran in.

"Horace you're scaring her stop!"  She ran over and started prying his fingers off my arm. 

I could tell there was going to be a bruise. 

"Horace listen to me, this is not the way.  Release the girl. Calm down."  He continued glaring at me.  Causing me to cower down.

Eventually releasing my arm.  Selena quickly unlocked the handcuffs and examined my wrist.

"It's not too bad. Superficial at best. No stitches.  I'll go get some bandages and alcohol to clean this.  Please Daisy, have a seat.  Horace."  He grunted at her.